Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback, Suggestions and help! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/)
-   -   Likes (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f63/likes-73457.html)

cashman 23-07-2023 14:42

for AGES Now i have not been able to see who liked any post of mine or which post they liked i hope im not the only one its very poor i reckon.?

Margaret Pilkington 23-07-2023 14:48

Re: Likes

No you are not the only one Cashy.
I don’t think any of us can see the likes…no blogs either and no ability to change avatars either.

Hill Walker 23-07-2023 16:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1273168)
No you are not the only one Cashy.
I don’t think any of us can see the likes…no blogs either and no ability to change avatars either.

The 'Likes' are working - for example you gave one to dotti34 on the RIP Tony Bennett thread

Margaret Pilkington 23-07-2023 17:08

Cashy doesn’t mean that the ‘likes’ aren’t working.
He is saying that he cannot view who has given him likes in the drop down box by the number of likes you have received.
You used to be able to see which posts you had been given a ‘like’ for…now you can’t.
Or at least I think that is what he is referring to.

Hill Walker 23-07-2023 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1273179)
Cashy doesn’t mean that the ‘likes’ aren’t working.
He is saying that he cannot view who has given him likes in the drop down box by the number of likes you have received.
You used to be able to see which posts you had been given a ‘like’ for…now you can’t.
Or at least I think that is what he is referring to.

Ok, Sorry that is a facility I didn't know existed.

Margaret Pilkington 23-07-2023 18:31

Yes, it allowed you to see what posts had been liked and if you have some ‘likes’ recorded in the top right of the screen there is a little grey arrow and if you clicked on that it would show the posts that had been liked

Ryewolf90 23-07-2023 21:56

I can see who liked any of my posts, plus if you go to your profile you can see who has liked any post you have made.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2023 07:06

Well Ryewolf you are lucky because I can’t.
But what bothers me more is that I cannot access or add to my blogs.
I used my blogs not just for other people to read but to document my thoughts.
Yes I could just write these things in my notes on my iPad, but putting them on Accyweb means that if I lose my stuff on my iPad, it is still there online.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2023 07:14

I can’t see in my profile who has liked my posts, but I can see who has given me Karma…but not the likes.
These days people tend to give you a like rather than Karma because you can like as a many posts as you want.
Karma is limited and you cannot give it to the same person twice on the same day…even on a different post.

Ryewolf90 24-07-2023 10:22

Okay a slight correction, if you click on the number next to the Your Notifications, that opens a drop down that has a link to Likes Received which opens up your Profile Page that shows the Likes Tab.

Just noticed that if you go to your profile page by clicking your User Name (top right) the Likes tab is missing. But if use the Mini Stats block on your profile page and click the Likes Received Link it opens your profile page with the links showing.

Well, it should do, it works for me.

There is another way that also works for me and that is to add the following to the end of the link in the browser address bar when on your profile page

?tab=likes_received#likes_received

and then click enter

Okay just found another oddity, if I try and view anyone's profile page it just comes up blank, pretty sure you used to be able to see other peoples profiles.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2023 12:42

Nope….still cannot see who gave me likes or for what.
I did try the formula that you suggested but got just gobbledygook.
Not sure if that is because I am using my iPad.
I tried to look while I had 1 ‘like’ but that didn’t work.
I knew who had given me the like and for what post…but I just wanted to see if it worked for me.

Margaret Pilkington 24-07-2023 12:43

Not sure why it is that important…but it would be lovely if the blogs came back.