Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Hello Everone (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/hello-everone-2081.html)

lettie 17-12-2003 17:59

Re: Hello Everone

;)  lol Janet, I  never said we were sane,  :-*

janet 18-12-2003 07:21

Well, there i go again,  reading between the lines. [smiley=angel.gif]

redgps 19-12-2003 18:56

Thanks everyone for your welcomes, made my first visit back to Accy today, for what must be 13 years, people were brilliant as they always were, but hasn't the town centre changed ...... couldn't even find the Halifax BS at first ... ( remember it being on Blackburn road ), still it was great to be back..

keith 30-12-2003 20:51

hi geoff  I have very strong connections with both bash and lancaster my older brother  as lived up there ever since he got married to a bash lass of course in fact he was the landlord of the dog and partridge pub for a while but that was a few years ago as regards the lancaster  connection my wifes sister and family live there up on abraham heights and the road leading up there from the lights in the city  centre is a disgrace everyone up there must have three cars thank god the traffic in accy is not like that

ossygobbin 30-12-2003 23:19

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Welcome Geoff from ossygobbin and happy new year

mez 31-12-2003 08:21

hi geoff [smiley=ello.gif]hope you like the site its brill, not been on long myself, they certainley make you welcome,  ;D

Len 03-01-2004 00:37

Welcome Geoff.

We are a boring lot, but we do are best.
And I have trouble spelling, as you will find out. lol
[smiley=Peace.gif]
::)

redgps 06-01-2004 18:54

Happy New Year Ossygobin and everyone. It's a great site, makes you feel very welcome.
Been to Accy twice now over the Christmas period, keep this up and I'll have to move back ...
Keith-- We used to go in the Dog and Partridge quite a lot, but my local was really the Alma Inn just lower down, didn't have as far to stagger....
Know what you mean about Lancaster and it's traffic all too well, only go into the city when I have to, we live at Bolton le Sands, and find it far easier to drive further up to Kendal than sit for ages in the choked up one way system in Lancaster.
Nice to meet everyone, and hope you all have a terrific year ahead.

Geoff..

keith 07-01-2004 20:44

geoff You must know my brother when he came out the pub went back to live next door to the house he lived in before going in the pub right facing the alma on birch terrace he is now living in a bungalow on grafton avenue his name jim keith

redgps 08-01-2004 21:51

Keith, now you've got me thinking, if your brother lived on Birch Terrace, then I must know him, because we lived opposite, just 4 doors down from the Alma on Manchester Road. We left Accrington in about 1986, I had to go down Lincolnshire with my work, would he have been there before that...

keith 10-01-2004 20:21

geoff My brother only moved from birch terrace two years ago to grafton ave so apart from the time he spent in the pub the dog and partridge he lived on birch terrace about thirty years maybe you knew his family his son Ian a bachelor lives round the corner on ashworth street julie his daughter now lives in blackburn but as a good job at the college within the globe at what was once platt saco lowell another daughter Janette died tragically of cancer at the early age twentynine Julie is divorced now but was married to abloke from bash if I remember rightly called phillip cooper whose parents ran some sort of printing firm and he played in a group along with his brother hope these fresh names ring a bell keith

Mik Dickinson 11-01-2004 09:25

Hiya there enjoy yourself on the forum

redgps 12-01-2004 18:41

Thanks Mik, I'm already enjoying the friendlyness, typical Accringtonian. Makes me proud I was born and bred there.

Keith, now you've mentioned some names, I do have a vague memory of them. It was the name Phillip Cooper that jogged my memory. I seem to remember them forming their group, but it's 17 years approx since we left bash, and my memory ain't like it used to be.
I'm going to pop down to Accy again in Feb with the family, my daughter wants to see where we used to live, she was only 3 when we left, but is a true Accringtonian, born in Accy Victoria hospital.

Regards
Geoff.