Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Hello all (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/hello-all-3099.html)

glasgow guy 19-01-2004 08:29

Hello all

Hello everyone,
Came across your site whilst looking for something else,
As my name says I am from glasgow and I moved down here about 2 years ago from Glasgow after meeting my now wife who herself is from Clayton, she was working up there - she ever got homesick , we would move down here - So here we are - she's back home and happy, we have good jobs, the house, blah , blah, blah..etc
Although I miss my home city now and again I do like Accrington because its very laid back and easy going with people who seem genuinely nice although I am not keen on your bitter - no offence !! but then again different folks- different strokes !!

Cheers.

Roy 19-01-2004 08:31

hi glasgow guy! welcome to the forum............. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay!

lettie 19-01-2004 08:42

:ello: Hello Glasgow guy, I don't like our bitter either, much prefer strongbow. Welcome to accy web.

WINGY 19-01-2004 10:17

hi glasgow guy. welcome to the forum you will soon find that we are a nice bunch. have fun!

mez 19-01-2004 12:18

hi glasgow guy, welcome :wave: hope you enjoy this site, its a good one to be on ok

janet 19-01-2004 14:03

Hi glasgow guy, good to have you with us.:thumbsup:

Mick 19-01-2004 14:40

hi
what part of Glasgow are you in ?
i have family in the maryhill area

glasgow guy 19-01-2004 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick
hi
what part of Glasgow are you in ?
i have family in the maryhill area

maryhill !! I know parts of maryhill very well and I wouldnt leave my dog tied up outside the shops there !! lol
well I suppose someones got to live there - I am originally from the east end of glasgow ( Easterhouse) which makes Salford a desirable area to live in !!
I lived in East Kilbride for most of my adult days which is a lovely place to live in.
having family in Glasgow then you will have tried some lovely square sausage then ?? - cant beat it !!

Mik Dickinson 19-01-2004 19:23

Welcome and a question would it be Celtic or Rangers then

glasgow guy 19-01-2004 20:48

oh it has to be Rangers , I still have my season ticket and travel up every other saturday to watch them - they arent doing to good this season.
I have been to watch Accrington a few times as well which is a change from watching Rangers with 50,000 other fans !! - quite enjoyable really the difference, I have a few friends coming down next month to sample the delights of accrington and to watch the famous stanley !

ANNE 19-01-2004 22:11

Hello Glasgow Guy.
Welcome to Accyweb.
Sure you will enjoy the site.
We are all a friendly bunch.

littlemo 20-01-2004 01:42

hi there,

have many friends over here from east Kilbride,guess you all want to get out of there! most over here live in Brampton

glasgow guy 20-01-2004 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlemo
hi there,

have many friends over here from east Kilbride,guess you all want to get out of there! most over here live in Brampton

when you say 'over here' I take it you mean america or somewhere outside britain, on the contrary as to getting out of there - people wait for years to get a council house in east kilbride (its a private landlord that owns it) so 90% of its house are all bought privately - its that 10% that are council owned that has the 6-7 year waiting list , some areas are very desirable and sought after.
I am from Long Calderwood & have relatives in St Leonards & Whitehills (for the next time you are talking to your friends from there)
The only reason I left (flew the nest) was because I met my now wife.

Mik Dickinson 21-01-2004 16:01

Sorry to tell you then glasgow guy i am for Celtic but do not dislike me for it

glasgow guy 21-01-2004 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mik Dickinson
Sorry to tell you then glasgow guy i am for Celtic but do not dislike me for it

dont worry about it mik somebodys got to support them - we all have our faults - just some alot more than others...;)