Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   George Foster? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/george-foster-36203.html)

polly 15-01-2008 12:18

George Foster?

Hi

I grew up in Accrington/Oswaldtwistle and went to Hannah St Infants, Spring Hill Juniors, (hated it) St Pauls Oswaldtwistle and then Rhyddings (left 1976) After which I vowed never to set foot in a school again. Somewhere along the way I changed my mind, qualified as a teach and again vowed never to set foot in a school again.
I now live in Blackburn and run my own tuition centre and a small community newspaper.
I have two grown up sons, a marvelous husband and have never been happier.

However I have never known much ab out my father side of the family and would like to learn more even if it is not what I want to hear.

My paternal grandfather was called George Foster and lived on Dale St (now demolished). He seems to have been 'missing in action' in 1916 when he was in the Royal Feet Auxillary.. Is anyone here related to him? I know he had about four children, my father - also George - Albert. Alfred and Eadie.

I have a rare inherited blood condition and would particulary know where my grandad was from originally.

Any info would be much apreceiated.

MITZY 15-01-2008 14:09

Re: George Foster?

Hi Welcome to the site, cannot help you in your quest but I'm sure someone will be able to do.

firth_dawn 15-01-2008 15:34

hello, welcome to accyweb. hope someone helps you find out about your fathers side of the family.

Bob Dobson 15-01-2008 16:09

A few days ago at the Thwaites Empire theatre I met a lady and we talked about her newspaper. I am expecting a call from her. When she calls, I hope to have some information about the Fosters, because I think I know Alf Foster's daughter. An Alf Foster had a chipshop in Persia Street.

nikkival 15-01-2008 17:40

Hello & Welcome to Accy Web!

derekgas 15-01-2008 17:52

Hello and welcome to accyweb, newish to town so don't know many family histories.

polly 15-01-2008 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 517216)
A few days ago at the Thwaites Empire theatre I met a lady and we talked about her newspaper. I am expecting a call from her. When she calls, I hope to have some information about the Fosters, because I think I know Alf Foster's daughter. An Alf Foster had a chipshop in Persia Street.

Hi Bob

It is me that you met at Thwaites Theatre. I was intending calling you on Thursday evening, hope that is ok.

I think I may have got my fathers brothers names wrong, on reflection I think the eldest was Harold, the other was either Albert or Alfred, not sure which. I seem to think one of them lived up Stanley St Way, no idea what they did for a living though

James1234 15-01-2008 18:25

Hi and welcome to accyweb!

grego 15-01-2008 19:13

Hello and welcome to the site.

Lilly 15-01-2008 21:07

Hello and welcome. :)

Bob Dobson 15-01-2008 21:10

I have checked and learned that the chipshopchap was harold, and it looks unlikely that he is from your family.

cashman 15-01-2008 22:45

hi polly welcome,hope you suceed in yer quest.:)

Ber999T 16-01-2008 01:05

Hi and welcome to our mad world of Accyweb and good luck with the hunt for information

steeljack 16-01-2008 01:17

Where and when (years) was the chip shop on Persia St ?, just curious because I had in-laws who lived on that street and only remember it as terraced houses , can't remember any 'shop fronts' :confused::confused:

beechy 16-01-2008 05:46

greetings and welcome to the web