Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/hello-47607.html)

Barrie Yates 27-05-2009 16:35

Hello

My niece has persuaded me that I should re-establish links with my home town, so here I am.
My wife, Anne (nee Molloy from Haslingden) left Accrington when I enlisted in the R.A.F. in 1961. There have been numerous visits over the years, but since leaving the R.A.F. in 1979 we moved around the world quite a bit, and lived in many places in U.K. but Accrington always remained my spiritual home.
I hope that I will be able to establish contacts with friends from those days, and a couple of relatives whom i have lost track of.

AccyLass 27-05-2009 16:47

Re: Hello

Welcome to AccyWeb and good luck :)

flashy 27-05-2009 16:54

welcome to Accyweb, enjoy :D

buttonsmum 27-05-2009 18:35

Welcome to accyweb

Margaret Pilkington 27-05-2009 19:04

Hello Barrie....welcome to Accyweb......I hope you find your old friends, and perhaps establish some new ones. Happy posting.

cashman 28-05-2009 08:20

welcome home barrie, hope ya find yer owd mates.:)

jaysay 28-05-2009 09:21

Hello nd welcometo Accy Web Barry

BERNADETTE 28-05-2009 10:55

Hiya welcome to accyweb:)

derekgas 28-05-2009 10:59

Hello Barry, and welcome to accyweb!

vera 28-05-2009 11:46

hello and welcome to Accyweb

Barrie Yates 29-05-2009 17:53

I have been racking my brains to remember names - Relative, Vincent Ryder - School, Jack Hartley - Friends, Keith Kitchener (Son of "Jason" the Observer Sports writer), Johnny Marshall, Pete Graveson, Bernard Cronshaw, Ken Entwhistle, Kenny Mitchell - Girls, Doreen Mills, Marion ? (lived in a small village on outskirts of Haslingden). At my age the memory isn't what it was, not too bad long term, but have to put some effort and time into the memory activation.
I will continue to attempt to remember other names in the coming days but if any of the aforementioned, or anyone who knows them can pust me in touch I will be very gratefull.
I hope to be in Accrington late June, to see me niece and to pick up some supplies - Greenwood's chees and some black puddings. You can take a lad away from Accrington but you cannot take Accrington away from the lad. An aside - the Frank Hoyle Cup, used to be my Sunday afternoon chore to polish it to earn the entrance for me and a girl to the Odeon Cinema - he was my uncle.

pipinfort 31-05-2009 15:48

welcome

groove 26-06-2009 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 717494)
I have been racking my brains to remember names - Relative, Vincent Ryder - School, Jack Hartley - Friends, Keith Kitchener (Son of "Jason" the Observer Sports writer), Johnny Marshall, Pete Graveson, Bernard Cronshaw, Ken Entwhistle, Kenny Mitchell - Girls, Doreen Mills, Marion ? (lived in a small village on outskirts of Haslingden). At my age the memory isn't what it was, not too bad long term, but have to put some effort and time into the memory activation.
I will continue to attempt to remember other names in the coming days but if any of the aforementioned, or anyone who knows them can pust me in touch I will be very gratefull.
I hope to be in Accrington late June, to see me niece and to pick up some supplies - Greenwood's chees and some black puddings. You can take a lad away from Accrington but you cannot take Accrington away from the lad. An aside - the Frank Hoyle Cup, used to be my Sunday afternoon chore to polish it to earn the entrance for me and a girl to the Odeon Cinema - he was my uncle.

Hiya Barry..Vincent Ryder is my grandad and i regret to inform you we lost him to cancer about a month since.His broth was Kevin Ryder history tutor at Holy Family...yours etc Groove

MargaretR 27-06-2009 16:11

Welcome:)

Rastus 02-07-2009 11:46

Hello and welcome