Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/)
-   -   Deb from Australia (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f65/deb-from-australia-57732.html)

Deborah 04-05-2011 11:53

Deb from Australia

HYA, I am really pleased to find this site. My Nana was from Accrington and all her family. I am researching family history and also trying to find possible family members. My nana went to Woodnook Primary School in about1910 and her grandfather she said was proprietor of Red Lion Pub in Green Haworth, Accrington. I would love to visit in the future and it looks a very interesting place. I am still not used to finding my way around so please forgive me if i have placed comments in wrong places??!! It is late at night here and am about to go to bed but got excited as rediscovered your towns site and am looking forward to looking around. Thank you. Hope all is well in your part of the world!

Margaret Pilkington 04-05-2011 12:12

Re: Deb from Australia

Welcome Deborah.......I hope you enjoy the site.

DaveinGermany 04-05-2011 12:43

G'Day Sport ! :D Welcome aboard, but Cricket & Rugby are off topic if you beat us, but we can crow continuously should the reverse happen. :)

Good Call ;)

BERNADETTE 04-05-2011 13:03

Hiya welcome to accyweb:)

cashman 04-05-2011 13:28

Hi welcome to the forum.:)

flashy 04-05-2011 13:41

welcome to Accyweb, hope you enjoy it

Retlaw 04-05-2011 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah (Post 903289)
HYA, I am really pleased to find this site. My Nana was from Accrington and all her family. I am researching family history and also trying to find possible family members. My nana went to Woodnook Primary School in about1910 and her grandfather she said was proprietor of Red Lion Pub in Green Haworth, Accrington. I would love to visit in the future and it looks a very interesting place. I am still not used to finding my way around so please forgive me if i have placed comments in wrong places??!! It is late at night here and am about to go to bed but got excited as rediscovered your towns site and am looking forward to looking around. Thank you. Hope all is well in your part of the world!

My father went to the same school, so he would have probably known her. He died in 1996 age 92.
Retlaw.

Eric 04-05-2011 16:28

Welcome, eh. We need more input from the colonies:alright:

jaysay 04-05-2011 17:47

Hello and welcome hope you enjoy the site

heth 04-05-2011 18:20

Hello & Welcome :D

Gordon Booth 04-05-2011 18:23

Deborah, what were your familys surnames? Possible connection? If not I'm sure you'll find your family on here, good luck.

Deborah 04-05-2011 21:06

Gordon, My family surnames are: Nana was called Jenny Haworth with father John George Haworth and mother Margaret Stones. Her father remarried an Edith Green after Margarets death. Nana married Worthy Daw at Haslingden who was master baker. They had bakery shop and lived above for years. My great grandfather was Broughton Haworth and married a Mary Lord.

I believe Edith Greens children before she married my great grandfather were Doris who married George Haynes, Marie who married Thomas Allen and children with my great grandfather were Broughton, Alice who married James Eddleston, Mary and Brenda who married Robert Davies. My nans two sisters who I know are both deceased were Florence and Gladys. Florence had married Arthur Waddington and Gladys m Gilbert Bracewell (and ? Sykes and someone else!!).

Thanks for your welcomes everyone!! WIll try not to stir too much!! Some of us have to go to work whilst the rest of you sleep so off i march now.

Deborah 04-05-2011 21:09

Oh, i forgot to add the most important people,, My nan had my Uncle Geoff, Aunty SHiela and my dad Gary Daw. Shiela had 3 children with (?) Ollerton. My dad was originally from Blackpool and married Patricia Eames and myself then born in Hemel Hempstead and then bro Steven in Sydney australia.

accybill 04-05-2011 22:13

I assume you are in contact with the Ollerton Family?
Here are their details:
Marriage - Jan-Feb-Mar 1952
John OLLERTON to Sheila DAW
Darwen Lancashire Volume No: 10C Page No: 354
Children?
OLLERTON Raymond K Blackburn 1953 Oct-Nov-Dec
OLLERTON Patricia A Darwen 1955 Apr-May-Jun
OLLERTON David J Blackburn 1956 Apr-May-Jun
OLLERTON Dianne Fylde 1960 Oct-Nov-Dec

Do you need more info?

talentedbutslow 05-05-2011 06:41

Welcome to Accyweb Deb.....I really enjoy visiting here too.
The more Aussies the merrier.....