Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   hyndburn stray dogs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/hyndburn-stray-dogs-28677.html)

panther 22-02-2007 20:17

hyndburn stray dogs

Im thinking of getting a dog, dont want a puppy, thought I'd give the older dog a chance.:D
thinking of going to hyndburn stray dogs in need at lower aspen lane in ossy.
as anyone ever been there? if so how much do they charge for the dog etc....any info welcome:p

grego 22-02-2007 20:19

Re: hyndburn stray dogs

Didn't know there were a place in Ossy, if you dont have any luck there you could try RSPCA in Huncoat.

panther 22-02-2007 20:23

www.hyndburnstraydogsinneed.co.uk is the site came across it in search engine:D

grego 22-02-2007 20:33

Thanks for the link Panther, I didn't know that place existed.

Tinkerbelle 22-02-2007 22:09

Awwww all those wickle puppy dogs :D That Woody looks a big beauty.

The phone number's in the book Panther, I have been up there but can't help with prices I'm afraid, somethings telling me they ask for a contribution but I can't remember 100%

Let us know how you get on :)

jedimaster 23-02-2007 01:51

you mean to say. you can't remember how much they paid for you tinks.

shame on you lol. only kidding :D

***Mr D*** 23-02-2007 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 387189)
Im thinking of getting a dog, dont want a puppy, thought I'd give the older dog a chance.:D
thinking of going to hyndburn stray dogs in need at lower aspen lane in ossy.
as anyone ever been there? if so how much do they charge for the dog etc....any info welcome:p

I believe they would as for a contribution but IIRC they come fully inocculated and neutered so it saves that expence.

Dont forget though the other costs involved, I would as always recommened you get the dog insured & Chipped.

panther 23-02-2007 11:52

Im gonna think long and hard before i decide, its a big responsibilty, so its something im not gonna rush into;)

I might go down and have a look, and see from there.

Margaret Pilkington 23-02-2007 13:49

If you look, I bet you'll fall for one of them. Good on you for giving a homeless dog another chance at a good life.

Margaret Pilkington 23-02-2007 13:49

Little 'Fifi' looks adorable.

Tinkerbelle 23-02-2007 21:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedimaster (Post 387258)
you mean to say. you can't remember how much they paid for you tinks.

:surprise: Comments like that are gonna make your nose bleed jedi :tongueout

mez 23-02-2007 21:05

i got my sam from there a few years ago geraldine charged me a tenner for him...he was a stray but not any longer..........not a bad place to go.

sparkie 25-02-2007 17:19

KazFaz got her little Cairn terrier Bobby from Hyndburn Stray Dogs and hes lovely. If you go into the photos of rehomed dogs he's in there about 8 pages back going by the name of Buddy. She only got him about 6 months ago so she may be able to give you an idea on the charges and stuff, just PM her.

tadah 26-02-2007 07:45

You could always try RSPCA. I will ever only get pets from there as they dont deserve to be there. There was one dog there that had been there for 14 months and that put my in small tears i HATE people who mis treat animals or seeing animals like that but they are better there than on the streets. And how many people donate to them?