Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   steam mop (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/steam-mop-30483.html)

magpie 03-05-2007 16:39

steam mop

:Banane05: Anyone used one of these steam mop thingys for cleaning their laminated floors?

they look really good, so wondering if anyones used one....

ta :Banane05:

panther 03-05-2007 17:44

Re: steam mop

dont have laminated floors, never liked them:(
wouldnt steam make your floor warp?
i know a few people who have laminate flooring and they mop it, end up with the floor coming up:rolleyes:

too much moisture!!

ANNE 04-05-2007 00:33

Not used a steam mop. They look OK for the job they are intended. I my-self would recommend you invest in a decent steam cleaner. I couldn't live with out mine.
It does carpets laminate floors any flooring come to that cleans surfaces with no need for detergents, sanitises and deoderizes.
Cleans windows, mirrors, tiles, curtains, defrosts the fridge n freezer. cleans bins cars and much much more. Sanitizes and cleans bugs from mattresses and pillows has well.

Mick 04-05-2007 06:02

That reminds me when is our daughter going to bring it back ?:D :D

MUMMIBOO 04-05-2007 08:52

I can tell you its great on laminate flooring you dont even need to buy one you can just find someone else who has one and borrow theirs! i will bring it back when i have finished with it! lol. xxxx

shillelagh 05-05-2007 00:10

I thought you couldnt use them on laminate flooring. At work we have one of those polish mops for doing the floor instead of mopping it.

ANNE 05-05-2007 23:50

You can use steam cleaners on practically any surface except for leather. They are ideal for laminate because they don't wet the floor through. it's practically dry when you have finished.

panther 06-05-2007 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNE (Post 419287)
Not used a steam mop. They look OK for the job they are intended. I my-self would recommend you invest in a decent steam cleaner. I couldn't live with out mine.
It does carpets laminate floors any flooring come to that cleans surfaces with no need for detergents, sanitises and deoderizes.
Cleans windows, mirrors, tiles, curtains, defrosts the fridge n freezer. cleans bins cars and much much more. Sanitizes and cleans bugs from mattresses and pillows has well.

.dont forget wallpaper stripping:D
or does it?:o

Mick 06-05-2007 08:52

well ours did not come with the attachment to do this but i am sure some do

Margaret Pilkington 06-05-2007 12:55

I bought a POLTI Vaporetto about 12 years ago......it was £350 then and my hubby thought I was NUTS, but I loved it and used it for all my cleaning.....I had the iron attachement too.....it was brilliant. Alas it died about a year ago......I bought a cheaper version, but it is nowhere near as good as the Polti. I would have another one of those in a flash.

ANNE 08-05-2007 00:17

That's what I always wanted a polti but alas could never afford one. No use for the iron attachment has I don't do ironing. My iron is the tumble dryer.
The one I have at the moment is a little silver steam shark. It was less than a hundred pounds, It's portable and brilliant.

MUMMIBOO 08-05-2007 13:34

:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNE (Post 421234)
That's what I always wanted a polti but alas could never afford one. No use for the iron attachment has I don't do ironing. My iron is the tumble dryer.
The one I have at the moment is a little silver steam shark. It was less than a hundred pounds, It's portable and brilliant.

Mum dont you mean the one i have at the minute!!:p

Neil 08-05-2007 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUMMIBOO (Post 421350)
:p

Mum dont you mean the one i have at the minute!!:p

That's it rub it in :D:D:D

MUMMIBOO 08-05-2007 14:03

Hee hee i know i shouldnt mum will never lend it me again! but then she has to get it back first lol.

ANNE 10-05-2007 01:12

That's the one.
She can twist me round her little finger that Daughter of ours.