Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Harry Potter (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/harry-potter-32086.html)

mrjdallen 12-07-2007 08:49

Harry Potter

Any body fans of Harry Potter as it is out today - Yeah

Any body going to see it??

WillowTheWhisp 12-07-2007 12:44

Re: Harry Potter

Yes definitely but not immediately. Waiting till kids get back from camp.

panther 12-07-2007 15:09

would love to see it, its looks more scary then the others, but will have to wait abit too, the cinemas will probably be packed this weekend:)

lettie 12-07-2007 15:19

I'll be going but will probably wait a couple of weeks, just until the crowds have died down. Will probably catch it on the IMAX at Manchester.

KIPAX 12-07-2007 15:25

Eldest daughter and youngest son are watching it now at accy cinema..

Sparkologist 12-07-2007 15:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by lettie (Post 447727)
...Will probably catch it on the IMAX at Manchester.

We will definitely watch it on the IMAX in the Printworks. It is advertised as being shown in 3D. ;)

LancYorkYankee 12-07-2007 17:34

Now that is very odd. I had posted this earlier but it has disappeared (stinkin'witches!)

I had said: I'm not much into that sort of stuff. Both my kids like the movies and the books. I am easily freaked out things with magic and/or witches in them. I believe my innocence in this regard was stolen by those :eek:creepy flying monkeys:eek:, the muchkins (esp.those Lolypop Guilders), and the other "delights" of The Wizard of Oz. Also, as I've mentioned before, the Dark Shadows show from the 60s didn't help neither.

Brian

mrjdallen 13-07-2007 07:47

went last night - it was fab, only half of the cinema full.

it was brill however was not fully true to book

WillowTheWhisp 13-07-2007 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LancYorkYankee (Post 447770)
Also, as I've mentioned before, the Dark Shadows show from the 60s didn't help neither.

Hey Brian you are the only person I know who has watched Dark Shadows! I used to be a fan of Jonathan Frid. Loved old Barnabas Collins.
:D

We only ever got one feature film here which was not particularly good so you may wonder how on earth I came to be a follower. - I could tell you but I'd have to bite your neck and suck your blood.
;)

AccyMad 13-07-2007 12:45

Just been told by someone at work who took his 10 year old last night that it is really good but a lot darker than the others have been, his little lad was a bit scared by it and when he was going to bed asked if he could have the light left on

WillowTheWhisp 13-07-2007 12:48

The book itself was quite dark though wasn't it?

How much does it differ from the book mrjdallen?

mrjdallen 13-07-2007 13:48

i dont want to spoil it for all the fans but no dobby in which was a main point, same as no harry potter quidditch, no prefect anounce. plus some other bits. it was still great and the story line was there, could of done with being a bit longer to fit everything in but they have to keep the cost of special effects down. well worth the watch.

might even go again as its not on dvd yet

WillowTheWhisp 13-07-2007 14:02

Aaaw I like Dobby. :( It was a very thick book though so I suppose they had to miss some out.

SPUGGIE J 13-07-2007 14:13

Gonna take my daughter this weekend and with luck it wont be busy.She is Harry Potter potty so dont think she will mind it being dark.

mrjdallen 13-07-2007 14:17

i didnt find it that dark but i do (LOVE) dobby