Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Who is this?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/who-is-this-32617.html)

slinky 04-08-2007 00:02

Who is this??

I was looking through some things about Cannon and Ball (( because I saw the Harper Brothers which is bobby Balls sons, in Blackpool during my stay at pontins in June)) and noticed this fella...................noticed he came from Accrington, but I don't know him, maybe I was too young.

Barnaby

Barnaby - real name? Well, we'd love to tell you, but it's a well-kept secret.
Hailing from Accrington in Lancashire, his all-important break came when he auditioned and was accepted for Granada Televisions 'Fame Game' which he won a record seven times. He has since appeared on TV-AM, The Wide Awake Club and Yorkshire Television's 'Ask No Questions'.
November 1985 found Barnaby touring abroad with Welsh comedian Max Boyce, with whom he appeared throughout Britain during that summer. Following appearances with Cannon and Ball in the spring of 1986, he again appeared throughout the summer and autumn on extensive tours with Max Boyce.
During Spring 1987 Barnaby will be returning to work in Malta where he is much in demand in the top hotels.
Barnaby's comedy is clean and witty and his personality has the necessary 'twinkle' to suggest that he can be 'innocently naughty' - but nice.

cashman 04-08-2007 00:22

Re: Who is this??

you dont know him probably for the same reason as me slinks= HE'S CLEAN:D

slinky 04-08-2007 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 455947)
you dont know him probably for the same reason as me slinks= HE'S CLEAN:D

LMAO!!!! your cheeky, but very right ;):D:D:D

grego 04-08-2007 07:34

Never heard of him either.

alan7554 04-08-2007 10:07

barnaby was born in ossy and mainly works pontins and butlins, he is clean and good humoured,and is worth watching if you get the chance,he has been around for about 20 years now

slinky 04-08-2007 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan7554 (Post 455982)
barnaby was born in ossy and mainly works pontins and butlins, he is clean and good humoured,and is worth watching if you get the chance,he has been around for about 20 years now

Hmmmm there is just one thing wrong in that statement CLEAN!!! just doesn't do it for me :D

cashman 04-08-2007 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by alan7554 (Post 455982)

sorry alan if i want clean,i'll visit the laundry.:D

Yolanda25 05-08-2007 07:57

its barnaby not that bear that appears on the childrens channel cbeebies???

garinda 27-01-2010 18:00

'Barnaby is way too old to play Buttons but gets away with it because of his likeable personality.'
The Stage / Reviews / Cinderella

wadey 27-01-2010 19:43

http://www.comedykings.co.uk/ck-data.../87barnaby.jpg

wadey 27-01-2010 19:46

Graham Harwood?
Alan Arnison Agency on Manchesterbeat - the group and music scene of Manchester in the 60's

Neil 27-01-2010 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 782891)
'Barnaby is way too old to play Buttons but gets away with it because of his likeable personality.'
The Stage / Reviews / Cinderella

Are you stuck in a time warp :)

Thats 2 old one in 2 days :D

garinda 27-01-2010 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 782928)
Are you stuck in a time warp :)

Thats 2 old one in 2 days :D

I remember Slinky mentioning him, and didn't think Accy's second most famous comedian, after Jim Bowen, was deserving of his own thread...at least while he's still living.

:D

jaysay 28-01-2010 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 782958)
I remember Slinky mentioning him, and didn't think Accy's second most famous comedian, after Jim Bowen, was deserving of his own thread...at least while he's still living.

:D

Thought he died on is arse at the Glasgow Empire many moons ago:D

Taggy 28-01-2010 21:06

I do recall a Comedian called Barnaby playing Butlins in Skegness for a few seasons in the late 80's early 90's alongside another blast from the past...Mr Opportunity Knocks...Bernie Flint!! Didn't think he came from round here though! The Photo does look like the chap i remember, cant recall him having a "tash" then but i might be wrong!

Best Regards - Taggy