Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   school uniform....... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/school-uniform-32760.html)

BERNADETTE 14-08-2007 14:21

Re: school uniform.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 459988)
Have u seen the price of it tho approx £120 as it said on tv news:eek:

When is it going to stop:rolleyes:

It is never ending and it says a lot about the society that we live in that parents have to contemplate such measures:mad:

MargaretR 14-08-2007 14:48

It would be cheaper to bring back the use of liberty bodices and line them with that stuff. In the wintertime in the 40s they were basic childrens wear
Image - V&A Museum of Childhood

davo69 14-08-2007 20:18

thought idea of uniforms was to stop fashion parade now schools are asking more of parents makes logos ect ..same colur any make or no uniforms at all

panther 15-08-2007 08:43

at rhyddings they wear high heels and glitter belts, like i said before its chav central!!:D;)

accymel 15-08-2007 14:57

Saga bit no 2, my girls have just gone down to Abbey st to change one set of shirts for a bigger size, daughter rings [as i told her to if she had probs exchanging it] the next size up they want another £2 on top, like hell yeh, so asks daughter to tell shop keeper for either a credit note, refund or other shirts that fit to that amount i have paid, so rings daughter back as shes leaving shop result, no £2 extra no shirt, so says i'll ring the shop, just as i get the phone no dialled, mobile goes off, my other girl says no worries we got the shirt next size up for that price already paid. Whay-de-go good girl power LOL im proud as punch:D

Blumming shirts are those fitted ones so obiviously smaller than standard because of the trutex thing style to charge more for next size which my daughter isnt big was a cheek:(

BERNADETTE 15-08-2007 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 460023)
It would be cheaper to bring back the use of liberty bodices and line them with that stuff. In the wintertime in the 40s they were basic childrens wear
Image - V&A Museum of Childhood

I used to hide my liberty bodice, they were well embarassing:o:o:o

MargaretR 15-08-2007 15:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 460727)
I used to hide my liberty bodice, they were well embarassing:o:o:o

Pity those poor Paddock House girls who had rubber suspenders attached to theirs to keep up those orangy brown thick stockings :D

BERNADETTE 15-08-2007 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 460729)
Pity those poor Paddock House girls who had rubber suspenders attached to theirs to keep up those orangy brown thick stockings :D

God that uniform was the pits. When I passed my eleven plus mum couldn't afford the uniform(Thahk God) so I went to Notre Dame, the uniform there was bad enough but nowhere as bad as Paddock's.:eek: