Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Ring fixing (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/ring-fixing-32788.html)

accymel 10-08-2007 11:48

Ring fixing

Where can i get my ring fixed, a diamond has come out of one of my rings, where can i get it fixed & how much is it going to cost roughly???

TIA:D

slinky 10-08-2007 11:51

Re: Ring fixing

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 458515)
Where can i get my ring fixed, a diamond has come out of one of my rings, where can i get it fixed & how much is it going to cost roughly???

:eek::eek::eek: how did the diamond get there in the first place :D Royal Blackburn hospital might be able to help :D Although there might be a lot of ring probing.... good luck xxx ;)

Neil 10-08-2007 11:51

Rhonda had her's repaired on Blackburn market. All she knows is that he is an oldish bloke. Her friend took it to him for her. Maybe someone else will know where he is.

Next time try reading this it might prevent further damage :rolleyes::D

accymel 10-08-2007 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by slinky (Post 458516)
:eek::eek::eek: how did the diamond get there in the first place :D Royal Blackburn hospital might be able to help :D Although there might be a lot of ring probing.... good luck xxx ;)

:rofl38: not that sort of ring omg pmsl!!!:D errr how can i describe it without being rude ..... cant so sod it ...............the one you wear on yer fingers & not that ring slinky LOL..........................waits for more ring conitations:D:o

Altho u i heard that a string of pearls is for that job slinks :rofl38: PMSL!!

accymel 10-08-2007 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 458517)
Rhonda had her's repaired on Blackburn market. All she knows is that he is an oldish bloke. Her friend took it to him for her. Maybe someone else will know where he is.

Next time try reading this it might prevent further damage :rolleyes::D

Cheers Neil, tho was looking more local:D

My other ring is fine as long as its undisturbed;)

slinky 10-08-2007 11:56

...............the one you wear on yer fingers

[/quote]

Oh heck so that is how it got there :rolleyes: dave was wearing your ring on his finger!!! tut tut .......... drunken fumbles are very embarrassing aren't they :D

carl hurles 10-08-2007 12:01

any jewlers shops will fix it but as for the price just ask them in the shops

accymel 10-08-2007 12:03

forgot to add that i'd need the diamond replacing:( hence wondering the rough cost if anyone has had a repair done.

slinky 10-08-2007 12:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 458528)
forgot to add that i'd need the diamond replacing:( hence wondering the rough cost if anyone has had a repair done.

Have you tried that one on the corner near bus station?? ( Ogden's ) ?? :confused: I know he is quite cheap for some things!!!tel: 234105

beechy 10-08-2007 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by accymel (Post 458515)

on accy bus station/near toilets
a chap called john berry ?
has a little shop jewellry repairs
opposite a pie shop on corner of infant street
very reasonable

accymel 10-08-2007 12:12

Cheers Slinks & Beechy will try those:D

MITZY 10-08-2007 12:18

I find Little Clock shop at bottom of Warner St in Accrington very reasonable. (Might not be called that now but on right hand side going down and very near to bottom of street)

Margaret Pilkington 10-08-2007 12:57

The chap on Blackburn Market is called Brian Cosgrove...he repairs all types of jewllery and watches.
The cost will depend on how big the diamond is that you want putting in the setting.

Neil 10-08-2007 13:13

Thanks Margaret, I thought someone would know him. I would recommend him Mel, he did a good job on Rhonda's.

entwisi 10-08-2007 13:14

Mitzy, it hasn't been called LCS for years( I play pool with Colin Whitcombe and he was telling me teh other week). However it is a good shop and Julie had one fixed a couple of weeks ago. IIRC It was ~£25 including a small diamond chip as it had been lost.