Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Birthday cake - urgently needed (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/birthday-cake-urgently-needed-33745.html)

hedman2003 24-09-2007 17:51

Birthday cake - urgently needed

The wifes having a party on Saturday to celebrate her 50th and guess what I need a birthday cake (to feed 80+). Yes I know it's late but it's a last minute arrangement

Any ideas if its possible to get one at this late stage?

help!!!

grego 24-09-2007 18:41

Re: Birthday cake - urgently needed

Can you just not buy several from Asda or M&S?

flashy 24-09-2007 18:57

i know tesco do wedding cakes, couldnt you just buy a few of those and put them on tiers?

Margaret Pilkington 24-09-2007 19:03

You could get some gold or silver 50 numerals and add them to the cakes.

hedman2003 24-09-2007 19:14

I've been to m&S etc but their more for a small family rather than a big party type cake

Margaret Pilkington 24-09-2007 19:49

Tesco do a rich fruit cake in a variety of sizes, they also do a madeira cake too in similar sizes.
When my daughter got married a few years ago it was a very low key event, and I bought one of the larger tesco rich fruit cakes......I also bought a silk flower arrangement(smallish) and put that on the top.....I bought a length of underskirt net and sprinkled wedding confetti on it then pleated it and tied it around the cake.....it was very effective and didn't look at all amateurish....you could do something similar with a mix of 50's confetti (glittery stuff) and happy birthday confetti.

Margaret Pilkington 24-09-2007 19:49

The tesco fruit cakes and the madeira cakes are iced with softish icing too.

lindsay ormerod 24-09-2007 20:18

Asda do ready iced fruit cakes in 3 different sizes that you can stack on each other without the need the pillars; all three together would easily serve 80 as it's very rich but really nice, we got them for my Mum's wedding and decorated them with fresh flowers.

entwisi 24-09-2007 21:02

Try Hurns bakery on Nuttall street, thats where we got our wedding cake and it was lovely

Speedy 24-09-2007 22:13

Dont know if they could do it that quick but sayers in the arndale do cakes. Think they should be able to do it. Go in and speak to ralph.

mez 25-09-2007 08:50

i got the ones from tesco a few yrs ago when some friends had a rush wedding .(they were not preggers either) & the cake was lovely.

jackyalex 25-09-2007 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mez (Post 474008)
i got the ones from tesco a few yrs ago when some friends had a rush wedding .(they were not preggers either) & the cake was lovely.

my wedding cakes were from tesco and once we added some bits to it it was really nice

we bought a large cake from accy inside market hall,i dont know if it is still there but it was made within a few days and it was the best cake ive ever had, even though it was a noddy one

Mick 25-09-2007 09:35

1 Attachment(s)
Yes its still there i got the wife's 50th cake from there