Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Am I The Only One? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/am-i-the-only-one-34095.html)

Less 10-10-2007 12:49

Am I The Only One?

I just wonder, am I the only one?
Just been eating a packet of so called Ready Salted Crisps, that is what is written on the outside of the packet, also emblazoned across the pack in bold and proud writing is:-

Now With reduced salt!
These crisps are so bland and flavourless that the first thing I had to do was add more salt! Now, that tastes much better!
:s_aim1:

Gayle 10-10-2007 13:20

Re: Am I The Only One?

Didn't ready salted crisps used to be called 'plain crisps'?
That's what my Dad always calls them.

katex 10-10-2007 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 479986)
I just wonder, am I the only one?
Just been eating a packet of so called Ready Salted Crisps, that is what is written on the outside of the packet, also emblazoned across the pack in bold and proud writing is:-

Now With reduced salt!
These crisps are so bland and flavourless that the first thing I had to do was add more salt! Now, that tastes much better!
:s_aim1:

Added more salt when they were 'not-reduced' Less .. can't understand why my blood pressure is normal :eek:

Yeh, plain crisps before the salt was 'injected' into the crisp Gayle .. like when you had the little blue bag to put on.:D

cashman 10-10-2007 13:50

crisps are rubbish now,compared to what they used to taste like, ohh for a bag of Tems.;)

Less 10-10-2007 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 479988)
Didn't ready salted crisps used to be called 'plain crisps'?
That's what my Dad always calls them.

Or even 'ordinary crisps', I remember helping at my sisters shop we were waiting for the crisp man to deliver, someone came in asked what flavours we had, I replied, "Plain, ready salted or ordinary", 'cos we'd run out of all other flavours and the guy replied, "oh well give me ordinary I can't stand the taste of the other two!".

:confused:

WillowTheWhisp 10-10-2007 15:02

I wonder if people are eating more salt now they have to add their own?

Neil 10-10-2007 15:17

Being such a chilled out bloke I find I need to eat lots of salt to keep my blood pressure high enough. Thats what I tell Rhonda anyway.

panther 10-10-2007 18:21

1 Attachment(s)
I prefer potato heads and salt and shake, not to salty;)salty crisps are disgustingAttachment 10167

and iv noticed they dont sell potato heads in asda anymore!!!!

jackyalex 10-10-2007 20:23

i remember crisps being crisps and not wafer thin things either,they may aswell say on the packet ALL CONTENTS REDUCED you have to eat 2 bags of crisps now, when you used to open a bag of crisps they were chunky tasty and a bag full of them ,now they are wafer thin tasteless and only half a bag full if your lucky

grego 10-10-2007 20:32

We used to add vinegar to ready salted crisps when we were younger, they were ok till you got to the bottom of the bag then they were all soggy, yuk

WillowTheWhisp 11-10-2007 06:20

Maybe they think these thinner crisps are less fattening but that's a fallacy because you actually get more fat in the fat to potato ratio than you do with thicker ones. The crisps in Malta are lovely and chunky.

magpie 11-10-2007 21:58

XL Crisp butty those were the days

shillelagh 12-10-2007 15:24

I prefer Tayto crisps the only problem you cant get them over here only in Ireland. Otherwise its Walkers or McCoys.

kathleen_firth 12-10-2007 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 479996)
Or even 'ordinary crisps', I remember helping at my sisters shop we were waiting for the crisp man to deliver, someone came in asked what flavours we had, I replied, "Plain, ready salted or ordinary", 'cos we'd run out of all other flavours and the guy replied, "oh well give me ordinary I can't stand the taste of the other two!".

:confused:

laugh out loud

kathleen_firth 12-10-2007 17:21

does any body remember puffs crisps