Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Selling Things on AccyWeb (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/selling-things-on-accyweb-34375.html)

Neil 25-10-2007 21:28

Selling Things on AccyWeb

Many forums I go on require users to either donate to the forum or have a highish post count. After all if you want to make money out of the forum surely you should be prepared to make a donation. What do you all think?

flashy 25-10-2007 21:29

Re: Selling Things on AccyWeb

i agree, but dare i say i agree? will i be shouted down again? there is a rule on this in the rules to this site, and rightly so too

Neil 25-10-2007 21:32

I use a car forum and you have to be a gold member to post for sale ads, its a way of getting people to donate.

I have noticed a couple of first time poster with adverts recently.

flashy 25-10-2007 21:35

and that was my point exactly Neil, thats why i opened my mouth

flashy 25-10-2007 21:40

16: Animals must NOT be sold on this site until the Admin has been notifyed and has approved the sale or one of the super moderators in the event Admin can not be contacted.

and before anyone says anything i had NOTHING to do with broadhurst being told to remove his post, i have no problems with him, i only said what i said in another thread because the person selling the pups hadnt even introduced himself and was obviously only posting because he was selling the pups.

Neil 25-10-2007 21:45

I wonder why we have the animal rule. I just went and read the rules again in case we had any new ones.

Forum Rules

BERNADETTE 25-10-2007 21:50

Surely it is the decision of the site owner whether sellers should donate to the site.

Neil 25-10-2007 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 484973)
Surely it is the decision of the site owner whether sellers should donate to the site.

Of course it is, I was just asking what people thought thats all. Like I said I use many forums and some don't allow you to post for sale until you have donated and some do let you.

I am only trying to start a debate.

WillowTheWhisp 25-10-2007 22:03

It's an interesting point, but last time I tried to donate to AccyWeb it wouldn't let me. :(

BERNADETTE 25-10-2007 22:06

Was just making a point and have to say if it were the case I would have no problem with making a donation. What we have to remember is that there will be people who are members of the site who for one reason or another can't afford to donate. As for selling I have never put anything on for sale though I did offer a computer trolley free. For my trouble I got people who were not even interested making silly comments. It does get to you when something like that happens, if your not interested why comment?

WillowTheWhisp 25-10-2007 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 484985)
if your not interested why comment?

Good question, but looking on the positive side it does keep the thread bumped and showing as a new post so could attract more people who might want to buy.

Neil 25-10-2007 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 484985)
What we have to remember is that there will be people who are members of the site who for one reason or another can't afford to donate.

But why should you make money from the site if your not prepared to give a bit back.

BERNADETTE 25-10-2007 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 484992)
But why should you make money from the site if your not prepared to give a bit back.

Neil if you read all my post I said I wouldn't have a problem!!

Neil 25-10-2007 22:14

I know you said that.

Would you prefer me to debate the other side instead? I can usually debate an issue from both sides of the fence

BERNADETTE 25-10-2007 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 484994)
I know you said that.

Would you prefer me to debate the other side instead? I can usually debate an issue from both sides of the fence

Go on then lets have both sides to the debate:p