Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Is It Worth Paying More? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/is-it-worth-paying-more-34705.html)

BERNADETTE 08-11-2007 21:48

Is It Worth Paying More?

I am going to buy a new hair drier, the kind I want starts at about twenty quid. There are designer name ones ie Vidal Sassoon but these are quite a bit more. Is it worth paying more or not?

slinky 08-11-2007 21:51

Re: Is It Worth Paying More?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 491086)
I am going to buy a new hair drier, the kind I want starts at about twenty quid. There are designer name ones ie Vidal Sassoon but these are quite a bit more. Is it worth paying more or not?

I would have said a hair dryer is a hair dryer. As long as it does it's job, no amount of money is gonna change the out come .... dry hair :)

I try to leave mine to dry itself if I can, as I don't like keep putting my hair under the heat.
But as my hair is very long and thick, it takes 3 hours to dry naturally :rolleyes:

cherokee 08-11-2007 21:54

I agree with slinks .I also try do let mine dry naturally although i do own a hairdryer and use if im off out and i have always gone for the most power as opposed to price ..

Lilly 08-11-2007 21:57

Like Slinky said, if all you want is dry hair then any hairdryer will do that for you. The more expensive hairdryers tend to come with more extras such as a thin nozzle for when you are blow drying your hair straight and a diffuser for when you want to dry it curly. They will also have more settings, mine has 3 heat settings and also a cool setting which you are supposed to use when you've dried your hair to 'set' the style.

The cool setting also comes in handy for drying your nail polish, I have found.:D

cherokee 08-11-2007 22:01

The cool setting also comes in handy for drying your nail polish, I have found.

just like us women can multi task hehehehehe

slinky 08-11-2007 22:04

I bought my Vidal sasoon (sp) :confused: really cheap in Burnley. It has 3 settings too. And I too use my cool setting for drying my nails :D:D:D

katex 08-11-2007 22:12

Oh, for heaven's sake, a hairdryer is not going to do any harm whatsover, as long as you are conditioning your hair after washing and getting it cut regularly.

I attack my hair every day, with shampoo, conditioner, heat protection product, hair spray, hair drier, curling tongues,and straightening tongues and still is in extremely good condition. Ok .. seems extreme, but have this naturally curly hair which needs training every day .. just like some fellas ..:D

Always buy a travelling hair dryer, have a Sasson and Babybliss .. not too heavy and won't cost you a fortune .. 'bout £10 at the most ... as Lilly says .. no need for the extras with a hair dryer.

Hair dryers also come in handy for defrosting yer fridge too.. :D

slinky 08-11-2007 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 491105)
Oh, for heaven's sake, a hairdryer is not going to do any harm whatsover, as long as you are conditioning your hair after washing and getting it cut regularly.

I would still rather let my hair dry natural when I have the chance.

jackyalex 08-11-2007 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 491105)

I attack my hair every day, with shampoo, conditioner, heat protection product, hair spray, hair drier, curling tongues,and straightening tongues and still is in extremely good condition. Ok .. seems extreme, but have this naturally curly hair which needs training every day .. just like some fellas ..:D

Always buy a travelling hair dryer, have a Sasson and Babybliss .. not too heavy and won't cost you a fortune .. 'bout £10 at the most ... as Lilly says .. no need for the extras with a hair dryer.

Hair dryers also come in handy for defrosting yer fridge too.. :D

i agree with you there, i also use alot of products on my hair and mines fine, how do you defrost a FRIDGE though :D

BERNADETTE 08-11-2007 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 491119)
i agree with you there, i also use alot of products on my hair and mines fine, how do you defrost a FRIDGE though :D

I use my wallpaper stripper to speed up defrosting!!

Lilly 08-11-2007 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 491119)

I think Katex meant fridge FREEZER. :D

MargaretR 08-11-2007 22:35

I once 'burnt out' a hair dryer defrosting the fridge - not advisable to use it continuously for long periods. I use a small hand held steamer for defrosting now - it sterilises the interior too, so no need to wipe out with bicarb.

jackyalex 08-11-2007 22:40

defrosting a FREEZER

slinky 08-11-2007 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackyalex (Post 491143)
defrosting a FREEZER

LMAO .... calm down Jacky :rofl38::rofl38:

katex 08-11-2007 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 491124)
I think Katex meant fridge FREEZER. :D

Oh well, did actually .. thanks Lilly :o

Too late at night .. Soo 'Goodnight Ladies' as they say, every little tip helps, doesn't it. Just do the best for what you think is right for you at the end of the day.. x