Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Do I Have a Double? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/do-i-have-a-double-34992.html)

West Ender 22-11-2007 21:49

Do I Have a Double?

Sainsbury's in Warrington yesterday.

Checkout lady: Hello, how's Steve?
Me: Sorry? Steve who?
Checkout lady: Aren't you Steve's sister?
Me: No.
Checkout lady, looking a bit suspicious: Have you got a brother?
Me: I've got 2 but you don't know them.
Checkout lady, a bit sniffy: Are you sure?
Me: They both live in Blackburn. You wouldn't know them.
Checkout lady: You look like Steve and you have the same mannerisms. He's small, like you, and he's not very well.
Me: I'm sorry about that but both my brothers are tall and very healthy.
Checkout lady, obviously a bit "put out": You look just like him and I know he has a sister. I only wondered how he was.
Me: Well I'm not her, sorry, I can't help you.

I'm still not sure she was convinced. Have you ever been mistaken for someone else?

WillowTheWhisp 22-11-2007 22:14

Re: Do I Have a Double?

I once had somebody come bounding over to me on Blackburn market enthusing about how fantastic the show was that she thought I'd seen the previous week when she was also in the audience. I have no idea who she was or what show she was referring to.

Less 22-11-2007 22:18

Do you have a Double?

Not if it's my round you'll be lucky to get a half of bitter!

:cool:

onlyme 23-11-2007 04:59

Dont know if I have a double, but I have an appalling memory, so when people 'recognise' me, I generally just end up nodding and agreeing and bluffing my way thru a conversation, then walking away very confused wondering if a i do actually have a sister called sue who walked the high wire at a local chimpanzee show ( bloody sure i dont tho!)pmsl

Yolanda25 23-11-2007 14:37

I come from ibiza and lived in san antonio till 3 years ago when i moved here, when i used to go to ibiza town loads of people will say you alright yolanda? and im like. do i know you?
Anyway this went on for a few years until i met this bloke and then he introduced me to his cousin yolanda , omg! talk about a doble, same nose same hairstyle same height it was like lookin myself in the mirrow, no wonder why all them people where saying my name!
So one day i decided to cut my hair and change the way i dressed because i was a bit fed up lol

cashman 23-11-2007 19:24

yes was once dragged out of Raistricks foundry one morning cos some swine had robbed the mill on "Moscow Mill St." the night before, when they asked me where i was- i said Pickups Arms, which totally convinced the plod it was cashy.:mad: held me about 4 hrs then released me without charge, but saying they would get me in the end. about 3 months later was home reading the observer, an there was a guy charged with the said offence n found guilty, was not a happy bunny,as they never told me/apologised or owt, apparently he was my double, anyway as he lived in the same area as me, i had to find out for meself, took a couple of weeks,but honestly could not see any resemblance:confused: and there was even less later.:D

Bonnyboy 23-11-2007 20:25

I don’t think I have a double but ………. I went for a haircut one day, quite a few years ago. I had been to said barber before but not for a few years. “ Hello” he says , as I make myself comfy in his chair “ will it be the usual Sir” I thought, bloody hell, he has a good memory, so like a div I said “Aye, the usual mate” What a plank I tell ya. I don’t know who the hell this bloke thought I was, but I just couldn’t bring myself to say “STOP” I just sat there and went through with it. Honest, I looked like a bloody convict when I left that shop. Never been back since. :D

MargaretR 23-11-2007 20:56

1 Attachment(s)
When I wore big glasses I used to be mistaken for Madge Hindle, who ran the corner shop in Corrie long ago

mallard 23-11-2007 21:09

Yes i use,t to with my brother a lot of folk what live round here rember my brother and he as alway,s had long hair and i had at this time a they was stoping me thinking i was him, so now i keep my hair short,so they nowe its me.lol

Eric 27-11-2007 21:14

People often look at me and say "You look just like George Carlin." (Remember "Seven Dirty Words You Can't Say on TV?" (And I sometimes get Willie Nelson and Tommy Chong.) Was once told this by a guy who was the spittin' image of Steven Seagal, except he was a few inches shorter.

MargaretR 27-11-2007 21:33

1 Attachment(s)
I have never heard of George Carlin.
Googling found this chap - right one ?

cashman 27-11-2007 21:48

well all i can say if thats him? ya didn't win any bonnybaby contests eric mate.:D

Eric 28-11-2007 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 498467)
well all i can say if thats him? ya didn't win any bonnybaby contests eric mate.:D

I know. And if it wasn't for the fact that there are women out there who have lots of compassion, a strong stomach, and a low tolerance for alcohol, I would still be a virgin:D:D