Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   RHS How many women have suffered from it ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/rhs-how-many-women-have-suffered-from-it-40367.html)

cherokee 16-06-2008 00:25

RHS How many women have suffered from it ?

How many of you have ever suffered from this .
I ve never heard of it and it actually made me laugh at first, but when I read it , it actually made a little sense and made me think that there may be women here thats suffered from it and never realised . what dya think .

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ld/6143010.stm

shillelagh 16-06-2008 00:28

Re: RHS How many women have suffered from it ?

I thought RHS stood for the Royal Horticultural Society ... you know the ones who run Chelsea Flower Show every year :rolleyes:

No i havent suffered from it Mel ... would be hard for me to do so dont you think?:D:D:D

cherokee 16-06-2008 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 593281)
I thought RHS stood for the Royal Horticultural Society ... you know the ones who run Chelsea Flower Show every year :rolleyes:

No i havent suffered from it Mel ... would be hard for me to do so dont you think?:D:D:D

Early days Jen .. lol
Give it time pmsl!!!!!:D

BERNADETTE 16-06-2008 00:35

Chance would be a fine thing

shillelagh 16-06-2008 00:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 593285)
Early days Jen .. lol
Give it time pmsl!!!!!:D

Its not - it passed the year mark last week!!!!:D

Padiham Lass 16-06-2008 01:27

I'm not quite at that stage in my life, but I can identify with the problem by comparing retirement to a weekend of bad weather (only longer).

I think that many retired couples assume they only need a small house when the kids have moved out and there is just the two of them. Think again, you probably need more space.

My parents house is only small, but at least they have seperate lounge and dining room, and my Dad has an allotment to escape to. My inlaws had a combined lounge/diner and only a small garden, so no escape from each other when the weather was too bad for golf or bowling.:eek:

jaysay 16-06-2008 09:32

Its a problem easily solved, the husband gets the wife a part time job, so she doesn't get under the feet:D:p

grannyclaret 16-06-2008 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 593287)
Chance would be a fine thing

Oh Bernie,,,Mines a doddering old codger ,but hes still here and i love him to bits,,

MargaretR 16-06-2008 14:17

Try this - 'living apart together'
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/cava/papers/intseminar3levin.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Apart_Together

flashy 16-06-2008 16:17

i suffer from RDS retired dad syndrome, he's doing my head in, he's been retired for 10 years (he's 62) he's out in the garden knocking something or other together to plant his late crop of potatoes in, bang Bang BANG!!! thats all i can hear

(and before anyone says 'oh another sponger off the state', he isnt he has a bad heart and has 2 private pensions, so gets nothing at all off the state, not even his house)

jaysay 16-06-2008 16:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 593494)
i suffer from RDS retired dad syndrome, he's doing my head in, he's been retired for 10 years (he's 62) he's out in the garden knocking something or other together to plant his late crop of potatoes in, bang Bang BANG!!! thats all i can hear

(and before anyone says 'oh another sponger off the state', he isnt he has a bad heart and has 2 private pensions, so gets nothing at all off the state, not even his house)

Glad you cleared that up flashy, because people who suffer from poor health are often seen to be scroungers, alledgedly that is, maybe those who hold these views may think different when THEIR own luck runs out:rolleyes:

flashy 16-06-2008 16:48

dad worked with a bad heart for 35 years and in the end he had to have a mitral valve replacement, then worked for 5 years after he'd had it replaced and has never had anything from the state(other than his NHS treatment) it makes you wonder about people who are on the sick just for the sake of it doesnt it, and i'm not saying that all people on the sick arent sick, but i'm sure you all know what i mean

jaysay 16-06-2008 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 593506)
dad worked with a bad heart for 35 years and in the end he had to have a mitral valve replacement, then worked for 5 years after he'd had it replaced and has never had anything from the state(other than his NHS treatment) it makes you wonder about people who are on the sick just for the sake of it doesnt it, and i'm not saying that all people on the sick arent sick, but i'm sure you all know what i mean

I can see where your coming from flashy, but its very wrong to lump everybody together, There those people who dispare at the fact they cannot work, and there are a few of those on here

flashy 16-06-2008 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 593506)
and i'm not saying that all people on the sick arent sick

read what i wrote J :)

flashy 16-06-2008 18:37

i've been on benefits for a long time so i wouldnt be slating people who are on benefits would i?

all i am saying is there are people i know who are on the sick when i know there is nothing at all wrong with them