Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Fireworks (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/fireworks-43539.html)

jaysay 27-10-2008 16:36

Fireworks

Is it me or has anybody else notice that, with about 9 days to go to Bonfire Night, I haven't heard any fireworks being set of every night like usually happens, must be the credit crunch is striking the kids as well:eek:

AccyLass 27-10-2008 16:39

Re: Fireworks

I know where I work they went on sale sometime last week
I have only sold them to one person... so here's hoping:D lol

flashy 27-10-2008 16:45

i've heard loads over here, have been in Darwen for the last 3 days and they where even setting them off during the day over there...go figure \...:D.../

Splinter 27-10-2008 17:07

I've seen a thread just like this somewhere.

Sara 27-10-2008 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 645002)
Is it me or has anybody else notice that, with about 9 days to go to Bonfire Night, I haven't heard any fireworks being set of every night like usually happens, must be the credit crunch is striking the kids as well:eek:

That's jinxed it, probably hear them all night long now.;)

lancsdave 27-10-2008 18:15

It's an all year round event round Willows Lane/Ormerod St

pipinfort 27-10-2008 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 645007)
i've heard loads over here, have been in Darwen for the last 3 days and they where even setting them off during the day over there...go figure \...:D.../

I was at a `DO` in Darwen on saturday, i`ve heard stories and the wife works there but did`nt expect it to be as bad as it was.......:eek: and yes , fireworks were going off all day

flashy 27-10-2008 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 645034)
I was at a `DO` in Darwen on saturday, i`ve heard stories and the wife works there but did`nt expect it to be as bad as it was.......:eek: and yes , fireworks were going off all day

lol awful isnt it :eek:

pipinfort 27-10-2008 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 645035)
lol awful isnt it :eek:

I never thought as myself as a snob but after saturday.............

flashy 27-10-2008 18:24

:rolleyes: lol

nortype 27-10-2008 18:40

john near you sunday night dog dragged me home.

Lilly 27-10-2008 20:47

I've heard a few going off near my house over the last few days but it doesn't seem to be as bad as it has been in recent years.

Bonnyboy 27-10-2008 21:05

Heard some going off very late one night last week but none since. Very quiet compared to previous years.

West Ender 27-10-2008 21:45

There haven't been any here but next week will be chaotic. As the 5th is on Wednesday, various firework-displayers will have their parties any time between this coming Saturday and 2 weeks later. The big "official" display, by the Round Table - at the rugby club, is on Saturday the 9th but a lot of householders around the village like to show off what big fireworks they've got and, as I said, they'll do it on any night they please, which means every night. Drives me up the wall. :mad:

Lilly 27-10-2008 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 645110)
There haven't been any here but next week will be chaotic. As the 5th is on Wednesday, various firework-displayers will have their parties any time between this coming Saturday and 2 weeks later. The big "official" display, by the Round Table - at the rugby club, is on Saturday the 9th but a lot of householders around the village like to show off what big fireworks they've got and, as I said, they'll do it on any night they please, which means every night. Drives me up the wall. :mad:

Me too.

Some folk have more money than sense.....some of these big bang fireworks that have you jumping out of your skin and cause the dog to have a heart attack cost £50. :eek:

Who's got £50 to set fire to? :confused: