Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/dinner-theatre-and-hotel-in-manchester-who-and-where-44419.html)

glasgow guy 14-12-2008 19:19

dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??

I am looking for some ideas and info on the following please folks..

I am thinking about a gift for someone who has helped me/mrs gg out a fair bit over the years, wont say who or why but they just have.
anyway, I have came up of the idea of packing them off to manchester for a saturday night/sunday morning thing which would include a classy meal and a show somewhere..dont know when though..
but I dont know where to begin..
I have thought about the malmaison as the hotel as they could have dinner and brekkie there but aint sure...if anyone has other ideas let me know on that..
and as for a show..well I dont know where to start on that one!
no idea who's on theatre wise/show wise in manchester so again if someone can supply some info then all the better..
cost isnt much of an issue just now , just fire some ideas at me.

thanks in advance

Benipete 14-12-2008 20:49

Re: dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??

A few travel agents do that sort of stuff.

katex 14-12-2008 20:54

What a question GG .. sooo much in Manchester.

Only you know your friends and what they would be most comfortable with.
If money is no object, to me, the Midland will always be the best in luxury and experience, but, of course, the Lowry is now the utimate (slightly out of the way to theatres)... both top prices. Malmaison is excellent too.

The new City Inn on Piccadilly is new and modern look with good food and streamline services. Son went there Friday for a work's do, and said was fabulous. Can't beat the Hilton and can book an apartment there if you really want to treat them, but is it worth it for one night ?

These are the top five hotels if this is what you want.

As for the theatres/entertainment ... again only you know these people. Mostly pantomime stuff and children's programmes at the moment. 'Allo,Allo' is on at the Lowry .. that will give a smile to their faces at least.

Less 14-12-2008 21:03

Quote:

dinner,theatre and hotel in manchester - who and where ??
Thanks for the invite I'll come seen's as you're paying. (Could we make it some time in the New Year? My diary is a bit full until then).

:alright:

Nickelson 14-12-2008 21:06

Dont you get those sort of deals in the back of the paper ?

lettie 14-12-2008 21:09

There are so many shows coming to Manchester during the Spring and Summer seasons. The Palace and Opera House Theatre websites are a good place to start. I have the brochure for them at home and there's lots of fantastic stuff.

There are also loads of brilliant restaurants. One of our faves is Choice down on the canal side, classy menu, great food and wine and not too expensive.

Can't help with hotels as we always drive or get the last bus at weekends but I think it's a brilliant idea for a present.. :)

If you want to see the theatre brochure, send me a PM and I'll arrange to get them to you. :D

West Ender 14-12-2008 21:17

If this was my treat I would, definitely, go for the Lowry. With the hotel, theatre and gallery all on the same site you can't go wrong.

emamum 14-12-2008 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 660125)
If this was my treat I would, definitely, go for the Lowry. With the hotel, theatre and gallery all on the same site you can't go wrong.

subway and the halle for me lol

glasgow guy 14-12-2008 21:49

Quote:

hadnt thought of the lowry...and I know one of the managers there too ! doh!...might have to make a couple of phone calls I think..

katex 14-12-2008 22:23

Quote:

The hotel is not on the same site West Ender .. about a mile (?) away on Salford Quays .. but sure one of those lovely doormen in their suits of grey would organise a taxi for them.

pipinfort 15-12-2008 13:36

The Malmaison was great for us and a bit cheaper than The Lowry (which is good for star spotting in the bar) when we stayed there Avril Lavigne was in the suite 4 doors down, Mc Fly and Shane Richie were drinking in the bar. Not much in the way of decent `shows` at the moment although we all went to see Mary Poppins at the weekend which was fantastic.....................:D