Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Shrink Wrapping (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/shrink-wrapping-44527.html)

BERNADETTE 21-12-2008 20:23

Shrink Wrapping

After much deliberation about what to get my Mum for christmas I have decided to make her a hamper up. I would like to shrink wrap the basket when it is sorted and wonder if anybody knows anywhere I can get this done.

SPUGGIE J 22-12-2008 09:51

Re: Shrink Wrapping

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 661996)
After much deliberation about what to get my Mum for christmas I have decided to make her a hamper up. I would like to shrink wrap the basket when it is sorted and wonder if anybody knows anywhere I can get this done.

What kind of shrink wrapping? Most kinds involve heat and wont be good for the hamper. Better to use sellophane or a large cling wrap. Try Wilkies or a friendly florest.

garinda 22-12-2008 09:56

Blimey Bernie, you don't half make things difficult for yourself. It's you that need a shrink.:D

Seriously, sorry I don't know, but it sounds like a great present, and I'm sure she'll love it. Though I'd be tempted to wrap it in clingfilm myself.

emzy 22-12-2008 10:05

The card shop on broadway do their own wrapping in that clear stuff, am sure they would do it for you for a small cost. Failing that, the shop on warner street will probably sell sheets of the clear wrapping, all you need would be a bow and some ribbon to finish it off (i made hampers up for a few people for christmas a few years back and I did them myself just by placing the basket in the middle of a large sheet of that clear plastic wrapping, gathering it up, a couple of staples at the sides to make sure it was secure and a big bow and curled ribbon around the gathered part to finish it off)

katex 22-12-2008 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 662110)
The card shop on broadway do their own wrapping in that clear stuff, am sure they would do it for you for a small cost. Failing that, the shop on warner street will probably sell sheets of the clear wrapping, all you need would be a bow and some ribbon to finish it off (i made hampers up for a few people for christmas a few years back and I did them myself just by placing the basket in the middle of a large sheet of that clear plastic wrapping, gathering it up, a couple of staples at the sides to make sure it was secure and a big bow and curled ribbon around the gathered part to finish it off)

Spot on Emzy. Brother won a hamper from Marks and Spencer last week in a raffle (gave to me ..:D). Was done just as you describe .. looked gorgeous. Did have lots of curly type straw to rest the items on (no idea where you would get this from), tissue paper would do though. It was put in a lovely black straw tray, which you can have if you wish Bernie ... can't see that I would have any use for it in the future.

Also, did you watch Corrie tonight? Norris had fictionally won one from Harrods and done up similarly although the bow was not as elaborate.

BERNADETTE 22-12-2008 22:31

Yep thanks everyone going to buy some clear wrap from Warner Street. Kate bought a basket but thanks for the offer, doubt it will look as good as the one Norris won but will do my best.

emzy 23-12-2008 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 662362)
Yep thanks everyone going to buy some clear wrap from Warner Street. Kate bought a basket but thanks for the offer, doubt it will look as good as the one Norris won but will do my best.

Its suprisingly easy to do (well I found it quite easy but have always had patience with things like that lol) I used shredded tissue paper in mine (think you can buy this from card shops but warner street may do this also) If you do happen to find it difficult just give me a shout and I will pop down and give you a hand :D

BERNADETTE 23-12-2008 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 662539)
Its suprisingly easy to do (well I found it quite easy but have always had patience with things like that lol) I used shredded tissue paper in mine (think you can buy this from card shops but warner street may do this also) If you do happen to find it difficult just give me a shout and I will pop down and give you a hand :D

Thanks Emzy got all the stuff and will get creative tomorrow. Might be shouting for you at some point:)

BERNADETTE 24-12-2008 17:44

Well got the hamper done and must say I'm quite impressed:)

emzy 24-12-2008 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 662842)
Well got the hamper done and must say I'm quite impressed:)

Well done, knew you could do it :D

You happy with it?

BERNADETTE 24-12-2008 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 662843)
Well done, knew you could do it :D

You happy with it?

Yeah I am, my Mum is such hard work to buy for. Think she will like it and if not tough:eek::p

lindsay ormerod 24-12-2008 17:59

Mums are hard to buy for full stop! I get my mum extra stuff and put it in a gift bag or a box for her to open on Boxing Day, we are all away at my dad's then and I like to think it keeps her occupied! Usually stuff like a couple of magazines, nice bottle of fizz, nice treats to eat, a few luxuries!:)

BERNADETTE 24-12-2008 18:28

Thats a lovely thought Linds and at least your Mum will have a drink unlike my Mum. Don't know where I get my bad habit from:)