Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   whats the name.....? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/whats-the-name-44628.html)

flashy 28-12-2008 08:44

whats the name.....?

of that electrical shop across from the Canine working mens club on Abbey Street/Barnes street in Accy?

any help would be appreciated :D

pipinfort 28-12-2008 08:50

Re: whats the name.....?

No idea what its called but i know where you mean............why what are you after Flashers...?;)

pipinfort 28-12-2008 08:54

I`m gonna hazzard a guess at `Discount Electricals` ....or summat along those lines

flashy 28-12-2008 08:57

they have some kids BMX bikes in there and Reece has some christmas money left, i just want to know if its open today or not

emzy 28-12-2008 08:58

It may be this one........ (Electricals 4 Less)

Electrical Shop in Accrington » Yell.com

pipinfort 28-12-2008 08:58

I`d love a BMX.......:D

flashy 28-12-2008 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 663490)
It may be this one........ (Electricals 4 Less)

Electrical Shop in Accrington » Yell.com

it is, thanx

no answer so i guess they arent open today

flashy 28-12-2008 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 663491)
I`d love a BMX.......:D

have his old one then lol

flashy 29-12-2008 10:17

don't ever buy a bike from this place, went to look at one today and the guy said there is NO guarantee at all with the bikes, he doesnt even give a receipt, you can't take it back whatsoever, the bikes i went to look at had pedals, breaks etc missing....just a warning, yes i know you check them out before you buy them, but for anyone who wouldnt ask, you now know

my dad even mentioned to the guy about statutory rights and all that, the bloke just shunned my dad and said 'i dont care, you get nothing at all with it'

it made me wonder if they where stolen bikes

emzy 29-12-2008 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 663843)
don't ever buy a bike from this place, went to look at one today and the guy said there is NO guarantee at all with the bikes, he doesnt even give a receipt, you can't take it back whatsoever, the bikes i went to look at had pedals, breaks etc missing....just a warning, yes i know you check them out before you buy them, but for anyone who wouldnt ask, you now know

my dad even mentioned to the guy about statutory rights and all that, the bloke just shunned my dad and said 'i dont care, you get nothing at all with it'

it made me wonder if they where stolen bikes

Im sure trading standards wouldnt agree with the way they are operating

Thanks for the warning

flashy 29-12-2008 10:49

hmmm now theres a thought

pipinfort 29-12-2008 11:15

I`ve heard they are`nt to clever with the electrical stuff ...........never even knew they had bikes......thnax i`ll stay well away from that place, i`ve nearly bought from there in the past but it something did`nt feel right so i did`nt bother................definately one for trading standards methinks................

flashy 29-12-2008 11:19

we where stood in the shop for about 15 minutes waiting patiently for the guy to get off the phone, he didnt seem to give a flying crap if we where there to buy anything anyway

has anyone else ever bought anything from there?

emzy 29-12-2008 11:26

I havent bought anything form there but know someone who has, but knowing him, he probably wasnt paying attention as to whether it carried a warranty or anything like that, and he wouldnt have thought to ask (he does not like shopping!) Will ask him though and see if he can remember anything about his "shopping experience" there

BERNADETTE 29-12-2008 12:12

Ian bought a TV, video, music centre years ago no problems with it. In fact it was quite a bulky TV so last year we went back and got a flat screen plus one for the bedroom. They must have had warranty or Ian wouldn't have bought them, he was a stickler for things like that.