Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Luggage scales (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/luggage-scales-45391.html)

Sara 06-02-2009 19:32

Luggage scales

Anyone know where i could quickly purchase some luggage weighing scales? Want them for tomorrow and it has to be local(ish)

Thanks.

Polly_45 06-02-2009 20:04

Re: Luggage scales

I pop my suitcase on my bathroom scales always served me ok.other than that weigh yourself then pick the case up and re weigh

Sara 06-02-2009 20:36

That's what i usually do Polly. But basically want the scales for the return journey.

Polly_45 06-02-2009 21:09

Ahh right try asdas they have some cheapo bathroom scales about£3.99 you could always leave them there after you have weighed your luggage

MargaretR 06-02-2009 21:41

I wrecked my bathroom scales doing just that

beechy 07-02-2009 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 676699)

the mind boggles :D:D:D

jaysay 07-02-2009 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 676699)

So it is true women do take the kitchen sink with them on holiday:D

katex 07-02-2009 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 676847)
So it is true women do take the kitchen sink with them on holiday:D

Yep .... :D:D

Not quite sure how it worked and which country Sara is going to ... but last September traveling with Monarch to Spain.. found myself overweight by 8 kls. :p
for which I was charged.

Coming back, even though I left certain items at my friends was still 6 kls overweight when I got to checkout. My heart sank thinking would have to pay this, but they didn't blink an eyelid.

Someone suggested that it was probably because in theory I would have probably purchased goods in Spain, which is good for their economy. Not quite sure about this .. maybe the charge I paid in Manchester covered both ways, and was showing up on the computer when I checked in ?

Could be Sara would not get charged on the return journey, but wouldn't advice her to take this risk.

BERNADETTE 07-02-2009 12:02

Think Sara is off to Goa, seem to remember her asking for advice re Visas

katex 07-02-2009 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 676885)
Think Sara is off to Goa, seem to remember her asking for advice re Visas

Yeh, think you correct Bernie ... still better safe than sorry, but a bit extreme taking the scales with you, they heavy ... :D:D

K.S.H 07-02-2009 12:18

Think she will be after something like this rather than bathroom scales :D
Try a fishing tackle shop, there similar but not sure what weight they go up too

MargaretR 07-02-2009 12:22

I wish to correct a misunderstanding -
I weighed my luggage on my bathroom scales before I left (didn't take them with me)
On my return I found that I had gained 2 stone in weight:eek:
The hotel food was good but not that good!

katex 07-02-2009 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 676898)
Think she will be after something like this rather than bathroom scales :D

Ha ha .. yes, K.S.H. .. :o

Sara 07-02-2009 15:25

Yep of to Goa at 9am in the morning for two whole weeks, can't wait to leave the cold and snow behind. Just hope the kids haven't wrecked the house by the time i get back, but they haven't done before. Thought i had 20k but when i checked tickets it's only 15k. Rang up to see if i could pay for extra weight and they wanted £90 per person, thought stuff that. Going to start packing after tea, but will have to really scale down in what i take with me. Didn't get any scales but will see if they have any at the airport.

emamum 07-02-2009 15:29

they ahd scales at manchester airport and you have time to rejig your bags so you can put any extra in your hand luggage

mine was 15kg's as well and i put mine and tys clothes for a week in one bag and it still didnt come to 15kgs.