Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   intensive driving courses..anyone done them? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/intensive-driving-courses-anyone-done-them-45616.html)

glasgow guy 15-02-2009 20:57

intensive driving courses..anyone done them?

and by that I mean anyone done those 1 week /2 week driving courses with you test at the end of them as oppossed to the normal method of 1hr a night etc..
after my initial post on here a while back bout driving instructors I got a few good leads (thanks) but I also came across these courses and wondered if anyone had done it or knew someone who has..and what would be better, I know its down to the individual but thought I would ask the question.

Studio25 15-02-2009 23:44

Re: intensive driving courses..anyone done them?

I did, but it was almost 20 years ago.

Five day course, two students in the car alternating every hour. It was hard work, and at the end my Dad was astonished at how well I could drive, considering I'd had no prior experience. However Dad said I wasn't ready, and with hindsight I agree with him. The examiner saw it too, and failed me for something which wasn't my fault (white van man driving like a dick).

Think I had another six lessons, then passed.

TJH 16-02-2009 08:26

Blackpool tends to be a hot spot for these courses. My friend did a 5 day course and came back with his driving licence. Well worth it if you can handle the stress and worry of so much driving instruction in such a short amount of time.

jaysay 16-02-2009 09:42

I had a mate back in the 70s and both he and his wife were advanced motorist, I actually went out with him and received instructions with a view to taking the test myself, but it fell through when I went working away from home

bobthedj 16-02-2009 16:35

Mark Growden Driving Instructor will sort you out. 07784608670

glasgow guy 16-02-2009 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobthedj (Post 680882)
Mark Growden Driving Instructor will sort you out. 07784608670

in what way?

andrewb 17-02-2009 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasgow guy (Post 680635)
and by that I mean anyone done those 1 week /2 week driving courses with you test at the end of them as oppossed to the normal method of 1hr a night etc..
after my initial post on here a while back bout driving instructors I got a few good leads (thanks) but I also came across these courses and wondered if anyone had done it or knew someone who has..and what would be better, I know its down to the individual but thought I would ask the question.

I did one, in Blackpool, just before I went to uni. I was almost up to test standard after a week and little prior knowledge. The company was, shall I say, a bit strange, and never put me in for my test despite saying I was ready. I then went to uni and never pursued lessons or tests. :p Either way I would recommend them, but they are hard work. Check out the company beforehand, google searches etc, see if anyone has had difficulty with them. Apparently there were quite a few complaints about mine.