Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Ossie teens' racist site (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/ossie-teens-racist-site-46174.html)

Caz 14-03-2009 12:30

Ossie teens' racist site

Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was? Oswaldtwistle teens set up racist website (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Less 14-03-2009 12:47

re: Ossie teens' racist site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz (Post 692332)
Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was?

Yes they have been forced to become administrators and mods on a local website.

That'll teach 'em!

http://planetsmilies.net/shocked-smiley-43.gif

accyman 14-03-2009 13:42

Re: Ossie teens' racist site

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caz (Post 692332)
Does anyone on here know what the "severe punishment" was?

yes they had to wite "Keep the Black ******** In " x 200 and arnt allowed to take a toy in on the next toy day

i dont see it as been anything to do with the school , if there was illigal activity its the polices job to deal with it not the schools wether or not the schools name was mentioned

my youngest brother was assaulted and mugged by 4 older lads when at moorhead and the police let the school deal with it even though the mugging occured outside the school gates after school had finished

he never got his belongings back and the muggers didnt get so much as detention but merely a letter to their parents saying how naughty their darlings had been yet if i had gone to the school to shake the little sods until they returned his stuff i would have been in trouble with the police

jaysay 14-03-2009 14:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 692345)
yes they had to wite "Keep the Black ******** In " x 200 and arnt allowed to take a toy in on the next toy day

i dont see it as been anything to do with the school , if there was illigal activity its the polices job to deal with it not the schools wether or not the schools name was mentioned

my youngest brother was assaulted and mugged by 4 older lads when at moorhead and the police let the school deal with it even though the mugging occured outside the school gates after school had finished

he never got his belongings back and the muggers didn't get so much as detention but merely a letter to their parents saying how naughty their darlings had been yet if i had gone to the school to shake the little sods until they returned his stuff i would have been in trouble with the police

Sadly that's the way things are today accyman, you and I know what would have happened if you'd have gone to the school. Yet nothing happens and the injured party suffers, it won't be long before people say enough is enough:(, As for this web site and the punishment :confused::confused::confused:

SamF 14-03-2009 15:00

They didn't create a website they created a facebook group

cashman 14-03-2009 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 692370)
They didn't create a website they created a facebook group

ta fer correction, but is that really relevant?:confused:

Neil 14-03-2009 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 692373)
ta fer correction, but is that really relevant?:confused:

No not really but it would be nice if the newspaper could get it right.

Mancie 14-03-2009 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 692345)

Agreed.. the school has very little options..it's either a telling off or expulsion...I don't see the latter doing any good.
I don't know the racial mix of Ryddings but I imagine this incident is not very nice for any black kids attending.

garinda 14-03-2009 16:31

It seems these stupid little idiots were lucky not to be prosecuted for publishing racist comments.

Here's a link where a man was fined for saying similar things to his neighbour.

BNP man fined over racist abuse - News - Manchester Evening News

SamF 14-03-2009 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 692380)
No not really but it would be nice if the newspaper could get it right.

Yea that was my point :)

cashman 14-03-2009 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 692473)
Yea that was my point :)

i know, but ya never actually commented about the incident, still haven't.:)

churchman phil 14-03-2009 18:39

Sadly I think racism both ways is rife within our secondary schools - and that is the key thing here. We can teach our little darlings all about the rights and wrongs of abusive behaviour towards all ethnic populations but at the end of the day we have to rely on their parents to teach their offspring in a similar fashion. It doesn't happen.

West Ender 14-03-2009 20:57

Sticking my neck out, I think there is correlation with the "Multiculturalism" thread here. These kids, along with so many people, were (are) seeing people of different colour/creed/culture as a seperate entity, not part of "our" society, apart from us.

The reason they see things that way is that is how Society is encouraging different cultures to behave. So many laws to preserve the "seperateness", so many instances of perceived one-sided treatment, no insistence on integration.

The kids were reflecting an attitude that's becoming more and more prevalent, born of resentment at the lack of integration and anger at the extreme behaviour of a growing faction. I don't in any way condone what they did but I fear there will be a lot more of the same in the future.

Mancie 15-03-2009 04:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by West Ender (Post 692538)
Sticking my neck out, I think there is correlation with the "Multiculturalism" thread here. These kids, along with so many people, were (are) seeing people of different colour/creed/culture as a seperate entity, not part of "our" society, apart from us.

The reason they see things that way is that is how Society is encouraging different cultures to behave. So many laws to preserve the "seperateness", so many instances of perceived one-sided treatment, no insistence on integration.

The kids were reflecting an attitude that's becoming more and more prevalent, born of resentment at the lack of integration and anger at the extreme behaviour of a growing faction. I don't in any way condone what they did but I fear there will be a lot more of the same in the future.

Same as in the past... but slogans like send the black bastards home is in the present....got a feeling that some bods on here share the same view..so what is the point in trying to make kids take a different attitude when thier parents...or grandparents ..post racist stuff on here?..but of course no one on this forum is racist... and it would never be thier kids ..hey.. it's a free world!

banjoman 15-03-2009 19:12

How can the school deal with it if there was a racial incident ? If it took place on school grounds and school time, and wasnt illegal then OK, but this was outside of school etc. Whats next ? If I commit a crime whilst at work my boss can decide whether to let me off?