Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Good cafe in accy ? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/good-cafe-in-accy-46638.html)

SamF 02-04-2009 08:59

Good cafe in accy ?

Hey I'm after getting a nice lunch with proper food - I'm sick of all the chain stores in manchester

Good proper food reasonable price please :)

Wynonie Harris 02-04-2009 09:07

Re: Good cafe in accy ?

"Over Coffee" opposite the Calder...really good, homemade grub. Well worth a try! :)

AccyLass 02-04-2009 09:07

There is a good cafe at the end of nuttall st
In Victoria Mills?

She even makes proper chips;)

flashy 02-04-2009 10:40

inside the Arcade

garinda 02-04-2009 10:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 699431)
"Over Coffee" opposite the Calder...really good, homemade grub. Well worth a try! :)

I heartily second that.

Great food and amazing coffees, and very friendly service.

Nice they display art by local painters too, which are for sale.

Mancie 02-04-2009 10:45

how come everything in accy or ossie has become "mills"? moscow mill? victoria mill?

flashy 02-04-2009 10:47

because accy used to be full of ......... MILLS? mancie ;)

garinda 02-04-2009 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 699494)
how come everything in accy or ossie has become "mills"? moscow mill? victoria mill?

We're thinking having you turned into Mancie Mills.

Where do you want the chimney?

entwisi 02-04-2009 10:49

Over Coffee, nice but not cheap

Annies (In teh Arcade ) good home cooking, Ace brekkie

Divine (warner street) nice, somewhere between the two above

Lilly Maes ( under Railway viaduct) similar to Over Coffee

Cookies ( arndale) never been impressed.

Ossy Mills - good choice, decent grub, nice cakes.

flashy 02-04-2009 10:53

cookies changed hands a good few weeks back, its now called 'lancashire tea rooms' we have one in Blackburn too

garinda 02-04-2009 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 699502)

Ossy Mills - ....nice cakes.

If you like them mass produced in a factory, and you don't mind paying 400% mark up on them.;)

The scones are ok, and are made in house.:)

mallard 02-04-2009 15:24

the sound good one i must try them when iam in town.

SamF 02-04-2009 15:48

Went to over coffee and was very impressed :) Not exactly cheap but quality at a fair price would be a nice place to go once and again, will have to try some of these others :) Thanks

garinda 08-02-2011 16:30

Went to Divine today, in Warner Street.

Happy to say, we thought it was indeed...divine.

Extremely friendy service. They knew we hadn't been before. Which shows they know their customers well, because it could have backfired badly if we had.

Decorated with a colourful and stylish boho-chic style, with displays of ethnic jewellery to look at, and life enhancing, mystical texts on the walls to read, the whole ambience was charming, and wouldn't be out of place in Soho, Brighton's Lanes, or a trendy street in Manchester.

We both had homemade broccoli and Stilton soup, which was delicious, and was served in a very generously sized bowl. We really didn't need it, considering how hearty the soup was, but we also had a ham and cheese sandwich, which was seved with an undressed, crisp and tasty salad. Even the crockery has style, being retro, chintzy thirties.

The owners were very chatty, and when my Ma mentioned we'd been bakers in Ossy for sixty six years, we were given free scones and jam, to sample how good their homebaked cakes are, and they are just that.

Coffee lovers, such as myself, will approve the coffee choice. The latte only came in one size of cup, massive, and was the best I've had for ages.

Weak, early spring sunshine, and a very enjoyable lunch, meant a lovely Tueday.

Cost just over sixteen pounds, and worth every penny.

Will definitely be a regular haunt.

lancsdave 08-02-2011 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881731)

Is that the one at the bottom end of Warner St ?

garinda 08-02-2011 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 881788)
Is that the one at the bottom end of Warner St ?

No.

As you're going up, it's on the right, just after the florists.

Who incidentally supply the table flowers for the cafe.

I suppose it's half-way.

Opposite Adam's, the photographers.

Barrie Yates 08-02-2011 19:18

The 2 that we like best are Imposta and the one in the Arcade, we consider both to be brilliant. Haven't tried the one opposite the Calder but the others are pretty poor - in our opinion. The worst one being, well, don't think it PC to name it on here as it has had some publicity lately on another thread concerning toilets, which does seem appropriate considering our experience there.

buttonsmum 08-02-2011 20:13

Quote:

Extremely friendy service. They knew we hadn't been before. Which shows they know their customers well, because it could have backfired badly if we had.

Decorated with a colourful and stylish boho-chic style, with displays of ethnic jewellery to look at, and life enhancing, mystical texts on the walls to read, the whole ambience was charming, and wouldn't be out of place in Soho, Brighton's Lanes, or a trendy street in Manchester.

We both had homemade broccoli and Stilton soup, which was delicious, and was served in a very generously sized bowl. We really didn't need it, considering how hearty the soup was, but we also had a ham and cheese sandwich, which was seved with an undressed, crisp and tasty salad. Even the crockery has style, being retro, chintzy thirties.

The owners were very chatty, and when my Ma mentioned we'd been bakers in Ossy for sixty six years, we were given free scones and jam, to sample how good their homebaked cakes are, and they are just that.

Coffee lovers, such as myself, will approve the coffee choice. The latte only came in one size of cup, massive, and was the best I've had for ages.

This has got to be my favourite cafe by far. It has a lovely calm, relaxing atmosphere, and the staff are all very friendly. Leron always takes the time to speak to his customers weather they are regulars or not.

I am one of the regulars and have been going to Leron's cafe's for the last six years,

The food is always exceptional and it is reasonably priced too. He also sells some lovely jewellery.

lancsdave 08-02-2011 20:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttonsmum (Post 881814)
This has got to be my favourite cafe by far. It has a lovely calm, relaxing atmosphere, and the staff are all very friendly. Leron always takes the time to speak to his customers weather they are regulars or not.

I am one of the regulars and have been going to Leron's cafe's for the last six years,

The food is always exceptional and it is reasonably priced too. He also sells some lovely jewellery.

As soon as you mentioned Leron it was the cafe I was asking about earlier but I think Rindy walks the long way round :D

Not been in as a customer, only to speak to Leron about an order for somebody. Looks nice so will have to try it one day. :)

buttonsmum 08-02-2011 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 881822)
As soon as you mentioned Leron it was the cafe I was asking about earlier but I think Rindy walks the long way round :D

Not been in as a customer, only to speak to Leron about an order for somebody. Looks nice so will have to try it one day. :)

His cafe did used to be at the bottom of Warner Street about six years ago, he later moved further up next door to the flower shop. He also used to have the Cafe that was in the middle of the Arndale Centre

katex 08-02-2011 21:05

Quote:

16 quid for 2 soups and sandwiches plus coffee !! Blooming hek !! What's all this about hard up times.. ??

buttonsmum 08-02-2011 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881829)
16 quid for 2 soups and sandwiches plus coffee !! Blooming hek !! What's all this about hard up times.. ??

Like Garinda says, worth every penny, I love going to Divine.

wadey 08-02-2011 21:22

I agree with Barrie, two very good cafes

katex 08-02-2011 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttonsmum (Post 881831)
Like Garinda says, worth every penny, I love going to Divine.

Do we have to pay over the top for decent food then ?
Some people appear to have too much disposable income.

cashman 08-02-2011 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881836)

Can't argue wi that.;)

lancsdave 08-02-2011 21:35

Quote:

Is it that much over the top ? I reckon if you go in Greggs, a sandwich, soup and coffee is well over £4 and you don't get to sit down :D

garinda 08-02-2011 21:36

Quote:

Horses for courses.

Lunch was so filling neither of us have had much for tea.

Since my mum's sixty six, works full time, and has rolled by hand four hundred teacakes every morning, before most folks have rolled out of bed, she can therefore spend the money she earns however she likes.

Besides lunches out, that is our social life.

For both quantity, quality, and exceptional service, in pleasant surroundings, it was worth every penny of the £16.20.

Some people will spend that on a couple of bottles of cheap plonk, and neck it more quickly than it took us to enjoy our leisurely, very pleasant lunch.

Worth, and value, varies, person to person.

Some daft sods thought the thousands of tax payers' pounds it took to stage the laughable flash mob event was good value for money.

Others, in these 'hard times' thought it a complete, and utter waste of money, and was therefore worthless.

Takes all sorts.

;)

garinda 08-02-2011 21:44

Quote:

Some people?

Who?

I bet some daft old slappers spend that on hair dye.

Before some people start patronnising others, it might be wise to get a few facts right.

Someone might save up for weeks, to have lunch out, and enjoy every second of it.

Therefore it's good value.

Regardless of how long it took them to aquire that income, before happily disposing of it, how they see fit.

garinda 08-02-2011 21:51

Quote:

No.

People choose how they spend their money.

Some people go to the chippy, or KFC, for a treat.

Others might save up for five years to eat in a Michelin starred restaurant.

Some are happy spending twenty quid going to see Stanley.

Others might feel it's worth saving up thousands for a holiday.

Choices.

We all have different tastes, and therefore place different value on things, including food.

I'n 'hard times' perhaps you'd rather we all sat at home eating gruel?

katex 08-02-2011 21:51

I get your points, Garinda, did expect you to come up with this, however, just the era I was brought up in. My mum would have said "More money than sense"

Just think it was a little expensive that's all for what you got, not particularly good value.... why should you have to pay this amount for good food and service, and the proprietor nattering your head off whilst you are eating ?

garinda 08-02-2011 21:53

Quote:

Gave you karma recently, therefore I.O.U.

Hard times.

I'll have to save up.

garinda 08-02-2011 21:56

Quote:

It was full, by the way.

Luckily we didn't have to wait, as some people were just leaving.

Packed.

Obviously this place is providing something people are willing to pay for.

The staff have genuine charm too, and you can't buy that.

Some have it, others don't.

garinda 08-02-2011 21:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 881838)
Can't argue wi that.;)

I can, and will.

;)

garinda 08-02-2011 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 881839)
Is it that much over the top ? I reckon if you go in Greggs, a sandwich, soup and coffee is well over £4 and you don't get to sit down :D

No offence to Greggs, it is what it is. Factory made, mass produced, and reasonably priced.

It's fine, if you want something hot and tasty.

Plus, pigeons like it.

cashman 08-02-2011 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881848)
I can, and will.

;)

n so yeh should yer entitled.;)

emzy 08-02-2011 22:05

Quote:

Only me and I went there this morning, had a bacon sandwich and a coffee (in her case a latte) and we were very impressed. Did find it a little pricey but was well worth it, the sanwiches were packed with bacon, no fat, very nice, as was the coffee and latte. They were very friendly and it was lovely and relaxed. Everyone that came in while we were there knew everyone, clearly has its regulars and im not suprised, I will deffinately be going there again. It may cost a £ or 2 more than other places but was worth it.

garinda 08-02-2011 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881845)
I get your points, Garinda, did expect you to come up with this, however, just the era I was brought up in. My mum would have said "More money than sense"

Just think it was a little expensive that's all for what you got, not particularly good value.... why should you have to pay this amount for good food and service, and the proprietor nattering your head off whilst you are eating ?

Well I'm glad I've come up to your expectations, in my replies.

You have gone right down in mine.

Let's deal in facts.

We enjoyed our lunch, and thought it was good value, regarding both quality, and quantity. Fact.

Unless you've eaten there, you can't really say if you think it's good value or not, because you haven't tried it. Fact.

I never said anyone 'nattered' our heads off. The conversation was friendly, yet unobtrusive. Mainly concerned whether we were happy, or needed anything. Fact.

I've eaten all over the world. From what are reputed to be the finest dining rooms on the planet, to some third world dives. I've had both good and bad experiences in both places, from haute cuisine, to greasy spoons.

In my opinion Divine is a very good place to eat.

I've only ever had lunch once with you Katex. Let me put it this way. In every sense, quality, value, and taste, it was a thousand times better than the frozen fish, frozen chips, and frozen peans, they plopped on to the plates in the Calder.

We all have differing tastes, and what value we put on those tastes.

garinda 08-02-2011 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 881850)
n so yeh should yer entitled.;)

When it's posted, in a thread in which I thought I'd share a nice experience in the hope others might like it, that 'some people appear to have too much disposable income', and then others agree, trust me, my entitlement to respond is guaranteed.

;)

garinda 08-02-2011 22:44

All the sour, pathetic pettiness aside, if you like good coffee, tasty, homemade food, in nice surroundings, served by pleasant people, give Divine a try, if you want to.

If you do, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

:)

katex 08-02-2011 22:46

Oh hek, not responding to all that verbal.

I too have eaten all over the U.K./other countries at top restaurants/hotels (albeit on company expenses) ... was just querying the amount for 2 soups and 2 sandwiches plus coffee ...THAT WAS ALL !!:p :rolleyes: x

By the way, there is another street entertainment coming up .. will keep you informed .... LOL.

cashman 08-02-2011 23:00

to be honest i thought twas a bit much, but will certainly give it a do.

garinda 08-02-2011 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881859)
Oh hek, not responding to all that verbal.

I too have eaten all over the U.K./other countries at top restaurants/hotels (albeit on company expenses) ... was just querying the amount for 2 soups and 2 sandwiches plus coffee ...THAT WAS ALL !!:p :rolleyes: x

Quote Katex - 'Some people appear to have too much disposable income'.

Fine.

Even without testing the product, making it nigh on impossible to judge, you think it's expensive.

Fair enough.

That does not give you the right to say 'some people' have too much disposable income, if they choose to eat there, and that your mother would think such people 'had more money than sense'.

My mother also comes out with all sorts of gems.

You can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse, no matter what gaudy tat you decorate it with.

Never put pearls before swine, and definitely don't bother feeding the silly old pig cherries.

Oh and the best, never let a self-opinated fool, who doesn't know what they're talking about, go unchallenged.

garinda 08-02-2011 23:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 881862)
to be honest i thought twas a bit much, but will certainly give it a do.

Horses for courses.

I'd have to be drugged, gagged, and smuggled on board, AND want paying, to set foot on a cruise ship.

We all place differing values on everything.

What's priceless to one, is worthless to others.

cashman 08-02-2011 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881865)
Horses for courses.

I'd have to be drugged, gagged, and smuggled on board, AND want paying, to set foot on a cruise ship.

We all place differing values on everything.

What's priceless to one, is worthless to others.

thats the difference i wont have to be drugged,gagged, or smuggled, i will give it a do.

garinda 08-02-2011 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 881867)
thats the difference i wont have to be drugged,gagged, or smuggled, i will give it a do.

Up to you.

Your choice.

I simply wanted to share that we'd enjoyed our lunch at Divine.

If others want to give it a try, fine.

I hope they enjoy it too.

I didn't expect to be told in public that we 'appear to have too much disposable income', and for others to post they 'Can't argue wi that'.

katex 08-02-2011 23:33

Come on, Garinda, the fact that you stated that just over £16 was good value for the small lunch you purchased was quite 'showioffey'

'Too much disposable income' was meant as a reflection that you were prepared to pay so much for so little and not realise the exorbitant price of the purchase.

garinda 08-02-2011 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881871)
Come on, Garinda, the fact that you stated that just over £16 was good value for the small lunch you purchased was quite 'showioffey'

'Too much disposable income' was meant as a reflection that you were prepared to pay so much for so little and not realise the exorbitant price of the purchase.

'Showioffey'? (sic)

Are you for real?

I mentioned the price as a matter of fact. You patronising prig.

Normally we pay about twelve quid in the Church Street chippy, for 2 x fish, chips, and peas, and two coffees. We also go to Over Coffee regularly, and pay around the same as today, for two main courses, plus two coffees.

'If' my life was so sad, that I felt the need to show off on here, be assured it would be much more 'showy', and much more 'offy', than 'boasting' we'd spent the shocking figure of sixteen pounds sterling.

Get real.

Treat yourself to a coffee. Smell it, and wake up.

If we are still here next week, God willing, and healthy and fit enough, it'll be my turn to pay.

If I eat broken pies, and stale bread all week, we might go back to Divine.

Sod the money. You're a long time dead.

I'll treat us both to lunch, and blow my pension and disability benefits.

Whoo-hoo.

Just an idea.

'Some people' could ditch all the dye, and Poly-slap, stop chasing their lost youth. Grow old gracefully, and what they save on salvage equipment, they could afford a (gasp) whole sixteen pounds, to spend on an enjoyable meal with a loved one.

garinda 09-02-2011 00:03

Quote:

'Small lunch'.

Your words.

Certainly not mine.

I've already posted the soup bowl was so large, and the soup so hearty, had we known, we wouldn't have ordered sandwiches.

Read.

The facts are there.

Facts.

Much more constructive and useful than petty inaccuracies.

garinda 09-02-2011 00:38

I was in fact trying to be helpful.

To anyone else who might be visiting for the first time.

Pointing out, that had we known, we would not have ordrered soup and a sandwich.

Something to keep in mind, unless you're feeling very hungry.

There was at least a pint of the homemade soup, and the salad accompanying the sandwiches was way more than you'd expect as a garnish, taking up a generous part of a dinner plate, as it did.

Both were meals in themselves, and took a lot of 'eating'.

Had we known, we would have ordered less, and therefore paid less.

As it was, for what we were served, we agreed it was good value.

Ossy Mills, for example, do a soup/sandwich meal deal. Can't remember what that costs, but what we had at Divine today was no comparison. Being much heartier, and more substantial in portion size.

Happy eating, unless you're a tight wad.

In which case, eat dust.

Free, and versatile.

garinda 09-02-2011 00:56

Quote:

prepared to pay so much for so little and not realise the exorbitant price of the purchase.

...and some daft ha'ppeths know the price of everything...and the value of nowt.

:rolleyes:

katex 09-02-2011 06:33

Garinda, it is now morning and having read my posts from last night ... I apologise publicly if I offended you ... yes, did appear to come across as a bit of a prig.

Agree, we all have a right to spend our money on what appears to others to be expensive treats ..... I do myself at times, and I would also defend the right to do that too. :o

garinda 09-02-2011 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881889)
Garinda, it is now morning and having read my posts from last night ... I apologise publicly if I offended you ... yes, did appear to come across as a bit of a prig.

Agree, we all have a right to spend our money on what appears to others to be expensive treats ..... I do myself at times, and I would also defend the right to do that too. :o

I'd like to apologise too.

I felt my mother was under attack.

Have a go at me, I'll take it on the chin...then kick you up the virtual bum. Attack my loved ones, that kicking will only stop when my virtual leg falls off.

I went too far in far in defending those I care about. Sorry.

The thing is, knowing you a little Katex, I actually really think you'd like it. Unlike anywhere locally, it is quite bohemian, and a little theatrical.

(He posted, hoping they were still friends, before going back to bed. After not sleeping, after arguing with someone he admires greatly.)

katex 09-02-2011 08:38

Thanks for that acknowledgement of my apology, Garinda. Didn't sleep too well myself either. Can go to work now feeling much better.. x

Yes, am a drama queen at times.

jaysay 09-02-2011 08:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881844)
No.

People choose how they spend their money.

Some people go to the chippy, or KFC, for a treat.

Others might save up for five years to eat in a Michelin starred restaurant.

Some are happy spending twenty quid going to see Stanley.

Others might feel it's worth saving up thousands for a holiday.

Choices.

We all have different tastes, and therefore place different value on things, including food.

In 'hard times' perhaps you'd rather we all sat at home eating gruel?

Unfortunately I don't get out to cafes these days, but just the mention of fish and chips had my mouth watering G. nout like fish and chips in newspaper from the Church Street Chippy sat on the forms across the road on a summers day:D

garinda 09-02-2011 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881908)
Thanks for that acknowledgement of my apology, Garinda. Didn't sleep too well myself either. Can go to work now feeling much better.. x

What are we like?

Get your glad rages on. You beautiful, stylish, lady.

Name a date.

Let's do lunch!

:D

jaysay 09-02-2011 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 881908)

Just love it when people "kiss and make up" I like a happy ending to an argument:D

DaveinGermany 09-02-2011 08:54

And they all lived happily ever after ! :) Good to see you 2 are mates again, nice gesture G.

entwisi 09-02-2011 10:03

I've paid more than that for breakfast in some not particularly posh hotels.....( although like yours mainly on expenses! )

I'm equally happy in full on posh dining and greasy spoons as long as the food is good, the place clean and the staff polite and attentive when they are needed.

working in Knutsford is somewhat a reality check to what stuff costs, fish and chips to take away is 6 quid! ifyou try and eat in somewhere theres little change from 10 quid a head.

I think we are fortunate in Accy that we still do have good value dining ( Annies cafe breakfast is simply superb and top value ). so be grateful that there is such a choice available.

And for the record I too enjoy Lirons ( with an i not e!) :D

Benipete 09-02-2011 10:22

I used to frequent a bar in Benidorm called Divine.

You could get a bottle of wine and a large portion of Paella for less than a Fiver,excellent value for money in my opinion.:o

Whoops sorry I got it slightly wrong it was called The Dive In.:eek: :hehetable

jaysay 09-02-2011 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 881950)

You could get a bottle of wine and a large portion of Paella for less than a Fiver,excellent value for money in my opinion.:o

Whoops sorry I got it slightly wrong it was called The Dive In.:eek: :hehetable

Trust you Beni to make me yok out with laughter:D:D:D

garinda 09-02-2011 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 881950)

I always wondered what happened to that Divine.

Obviously retired to the sun, when the film career ended.

I hope she didn't serve what she ate in the film Pink Flamingos, however cheap they were.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_lpiDRDaH-m...400/divine.jpg

:eek::D:eek:

Margaret Pilkington 09-02-2011 11:19

When you got out to lunch, you aren't just paying for the food...(and anyone who has shopped recently will know that food prices have gone up a lot) you are paying for the ambience and the experience.

When Ma and I go away, we have lunch out regularly........some places look good, the ambience is great, but the food might not be so good....so if you find a place that can combine good quality home made food, that also has the ambience and comfort, then the shared experience is transformed. It is something to talk about and remember.

If you can afford it, and are doing no harm to anyone, then you deserve it! Life's short.

Gremlin 09-02-2011 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 881964)
When you got out to lunch, you aren't just paying for the food...(and anyone who has shopped recently will know that food prices have gone up a lot) you are paying for the ambience and the experience.

When Ma and I go away, we have lunch out regularly........some places look good, the ambience is great, but the food might not be so good....so if you find a place that can combine good quality home made food, that also has the ambience and comfort, then the shared experience is transformed. It is something to talk about and remember.

If you can afford it, and are doing no harm to anyone, then you deserve it! Life's short.

My sentiments entirely Margaret, it is nobody else's business where you spent your money. Some days I am happy with a chippy take out and others a decent restaurant. The one thing I can't stand when out for a meal are uncontrolled kids running about screeching. I almost went into a Weatherspoons in Southport until I saw two tiny tots playing on the carpet just inside the door and their prams half blocking the way in, quick exit and found somewhere much better and probably much dearer but I had a comfortable meal.

Tonight I shall boil some new potatoes and put a few frozen sprouts, cauli and peas in the microwave, then finish up with a Co-op trifle swilled down with a glass of Stella. In 73 years I have never eaten meat, fish or poultry-I can't even stand the smell of it, not by choice but by nature- and am still surviving.

Fill your boots how you want.

Neil 09-02-2011 15:20

I would like to thank you both for a really good laugh, I was going to offer you my dueling pistols and suggest a midnight meeting in the park but it would appear they are not needed now :D

garinda 09-02-2011 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 881993)
I would like to thank you both for a really good laugh, I was going to offer you my dueling pistols and suggest a midnight meeting in the park but it would appear they are not needed now :D

Thank you.

Glad you enjoyed the piece we'll be taking to Edinburgh, for the festival.

I'll be playing Baby Garinda Hudson, and Katex is my poor crippled sister, the controlling Blanche.

I smell a hit.

Unless the smell is that rat, under the silver serving cloche.

Time for din-dins Blanche.

Less 09-02-2011 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881879)

Had we known, we would have ordered less, and therefore paid less.

I would prefer that you put it in the form of a request.

No need to pay me, just buy the soup, you won't be having any sandwich's so I'll pay for those, anything left over we'll get a doggy bag and take it to the town hall, there will be some hungry souls not getting anything off the Masters table after the severe cuts in the Buttie budget.

SarahLouise 09-02-2011 16:33

imposta (abbey street)

Lovely, reasonable price, Brilliant food, you want to be filled, and the taste is just wooww!

Sarah
x

garinda 09-02-2011 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahLouise (Post 882007)
imposta (abbey street)

Lovely, reasonable price, Brilliant food, you want to be filled, and the taste is just wooww!

Sarah
x

Yes, it has it's own thread, which you started.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...eet-53745.html

It's very good.

garinda 09-02-2011 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahLouise (Post 882007)
imposta (abbey street)

Sarah
x

Like I say, do like it, though the menu is rather sandwich based.

katex 09-02-2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 881911)
What are we like?

Get your glad rages on. You beautiful, stylish, lady.

Name a date.

Let's do lunch!

Eeew, yes, perhaps you could show me the divine delights of Divine .. going Dutch though ... :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 881993)

But ... but ... would have been dark, Neil, might have missed the target and hit you instead. :)

JCB 09-02-2011 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 881986)

Fill your boots how you want.

I would like to fill mine with the grub they served at Boden's cook shop in Warner St. :)

Gremlin 09-02-2011 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 882063)
I would like to fill mine with the grub they served at Boden's cook shop in Warner St. :)

When I first came over to Accrington I helped Peter Boden in his pie shop on Hood street, Peter got his puddings from his dad's shop on Warner street and he got Peter's pies. Long time ago, for sure.

jaysay 10-02-2011 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 882063)

Used to go in there every lunchtime when I was an happyrentice JCB:D

cashman 10-02-2011 18:45

Well dont go oer that part of town much, but called in today wi the boss, on way back from Bury, had 2 cappuccinos n carrot cake wi cream, was top class, service was good, very friendly staff, so can only concur wi whats already been said, will certainly pop in again when oer that way.

katex 10-02-2011 18:49

Carrot cake with cream ??? .... yuk !!

cashman 10-02-2011 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 882273)
Carrot cake with cream ??? .... yuk !!

Personal preference don't detract from standard.:tongueout

katex 10-02-2011 20:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 882276)
Personal preference don't detract from standard.:tongueout

I know, Cashy, all subjective.. just had a picture of carrots served with cream. :D

wallop79 15-02-2011 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 699422)
Hey I'm after getting a nice lunch with proper food - I'm sick of all the chain stores in manchester

Good proper food reasonable price please :)

One place that no-one else has mentioned is Traders, Globe Centre, its run by the catering section of Accy College, the food is absolutely 1st class, as good as many fancy top restaurants, they do the best sticky toffee pudding, (I do a taste test in every place that sells it!) You can get soup & sandwich for £5.00, they also serve alcohol for those that want a boozy lunch, you should all give it a try and support these youngsters into becoming the next Jamie Oliver or Nigella Wotsit, trust me you wont be disappointed by the food, (one point they dont open on Monday's) :):):)

cashman 15-02-2011 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 882344)
I know, Cashy, all subjective.. just had a picture of carrots served with cream. :D

well if yer picturing carrots in a cake,baking aint yer strongpoint.:D

katex 15-02-2011 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 883888)
well if yer picturing carrots in a cake,baking aint yer strongpoint.:D

So are there no carrots in a carrot cake then ?
No, baking not my strong point ... don't do it anymore .. very rarely eat cake anyway.

heth 15-02-2011 21:29

My Mum makes it with carrots in?

MargaretR 15-02-2011 21:34

I have been on a sugar free diet since October - have now lost any 'sweet tooth' I had.
It is remarkable how sweet carrots taste to me.
Carrot cake does have grated carrot in it.

cashman 15-02-2011 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 883907)
I have been on a sugar free diet since October - have now lost any 'sweet tooth' I had.
It is remarkable how sweet carrots taste to me.
Carrot cake does have grated carrot in it.

True but was trying to blag kate, trust you lot to grass.:D

katex 15-02-2011 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 883908)
True but was trying to blag kate, trust you lot to grass.:D

And I was blagging you back ... :D Knew did contain grated carrot ... did try some once, but can't say it inspired me to try it again.
Prefer my carrots boiled lightly with meat and gravy. Still like them raw though if there are some dips around .. yummy. Mind you, suppose dips are sort of creamy.