Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Deer in Preistley Clough (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/deer-in-preistley-clough-47644.html)

scottyreplay 30-05-2009 13:59

Deer in Preistley Clough

I was just out walking the dog and cross the bridge that leads to Rothwell farm and at the bottom round the corner there was a deer, either it was that or an escaped antelope. My question is this, are deers native to this area? I used to play down the Clough for most of my childhood and never once saw a deer!

:eek:

SPUGGIE J 30-05-2009 17:17

Re: Deer in Preistley Clough

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyreplay (Post 717731)
I was just out walking the dog and cross the bridge that leads to Rothwell farm and at the bottom round the corner there was a deer, either it was that or an escaped antelope. My question is this, are deers native to this area? I used to play down the Clough for most of my childhood and never once saw a deer!

:eek:

If not I am sure Falkirk Council could be pursuaded to send some of theirs. I am not extracting the urine here there is a large populatin of them close to the town centre and have caused the odd shock n car crash on Grangemouth Road at the Bog. Cances are they are wild and have been roaming to find new feeding groands and should be seen as an asset though some might disagree. Considering the borough name maybe its a good thing for them to be there.

katex 30-05-2009 17:24

Don't ever remember going up Priestley Clough, even though lots of friends mentioned they did their 'courting' there .... :D

There are deer on the Dunkenhalgh estate, so don't see why what you saw was not a deer.

Benipete 30-05-2009 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 717771)
Don't ever remember going up Priestley Clough, even though lots of friends mentioned they did their 'courting' there .... :D

There are deer on the Dunkenhalgh estate, so don't see why what you saw was not a deer.

Not as many "dears" as there was up Preistey Clough:D

Polly_45 30-05-2009 20:22

Full herd of Deers near Baxenden golf club

mickmc 31-05-2009 16:54

yep, there are deer around Hyndburn, if your out early enough (like me) you'll see em - saw one up the old railway track Bax last year, seen 2 down Altham Lane this year and one near Whalley Nab

Not sure if they're all from one herd that moves around the area

jaysay 31-05-2009 18:07

Re: Deer in Priestley Clough

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick mc (Post 717980)
yep, there are deer around Hyndburn, if your out early enough (like me) you'll see em - saw one up the old railway track Bax last year, seen 2 down Latham Lane this year and one near Whalley Nab

Not sure if they're all from one herd that moves around the area

If that's the case won't be long before venison is readily available in the local pub then:D

K.S.H 31-05-2009 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 717998)
If that's the case won't be long before venison is readily available in the local pub then:D

Already is, you go in the wrong one :)

jaysay 01-06-2009 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 718029)
Already is, you go in the wrong one :)

I've led a sheltered life K.S.H:D

lindsay ormerod 02-06-2009 20:37

Have seen deer several times down the Cricket Club, though they haven't trashed the square yet!:)

Mancie 02-06-2009 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polly_45 (Post 717806)
Full herd of Deers near Baxenden golf club

Accy is gettin abit to posh for my liking...herds of deer wandering around?..they would'nt have lasted 2 mins in my day..if there was a stray hen running about you'd have hundreds chasing it! :D

jaysay 03-06-2009 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 718447)
Accy is gettin abit to posh for my liking...herds of deer wandering around?..they would'nt have lasted 2 mins in my day..if there was a stray hen running about you'd have hundreds chasing it! :D

Ya Mancie there's a lot of Toffs in Accy these days:D:D:D

Mick 03-06-2009 10:13

There is still some deer well venison in my freezer too:D

jaysay 03-06-2009 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 718544)

I hope its dead mick:D

Eric 04-06-2009 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 718544)

I'm all out of venison till the hunting season this fall ... trade you for some moose or some nice lake trout or salmon:D Just love those bambi burgers:mosher: