Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Cheap Camp Sites? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/cheap-camp-sites-48504.html)

flashy 25-07-2009 19:44

Cheap Camp Sites?

I've decided to give camping a go (i dont like it but the child does) just ordered a 4 man tent, already got sleeping bags and an air bed.....but i was wondering where we could go, i'll be putting my stuff on my bike and getting on the train with it so dont want to go too far, want to spend as little money as possible per night too, somewhere that has toilets and a shower would do us

anyone any ideas?

K.S.H 25-07-2009 19:49

Re: Cheap Camp Sites?

I find all mine here The UK Camp Site for Tent and Caravan Campers in the UK

flashy 25-07-2009 19:52

i was already looking at that when you put it up lol.....how spooky, same thing at the same time...that doesnt happen often does it

cmonstanley 25-07-2009 19:55

check out the isle of arran you wont be disappointed its heaven on earth...

K.S.H 25-07-2009 19:56

LOL, this is the bit i use, I know what area I want to go to then just search the sites in a 20 mile radius England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland Camp Sites Map Search PLUS France!

flashy 25-07-2009 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 731126)
LOL, this is the bit i use, I know what area I want to go to then just search the sites in a 20 mile radius England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland Camp Sites Map Search PLUS France!

:rolleyes: bikes

glasgow guy 25-07-2009 20:12

we go to a place called woodhouse farm near ripon all the time...cracking place with free showers with hot water, excellent big play areas and a pub on site too..its one of the best sites we have been to..you can get the train to ripon no probs..

linky here : Woodhouse Farm - Home

K.S.H 25-07-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 731127)
:rolleyes: bikes

OK, change it to 5 mile then :)

flashy 25-07-2009 20:15

thanx GG i'll have a look at that

shillelagh 26-07-2009 15:04

I went on a walking holiday once .. note the once ....with a tent on my back .. round the lake district ... train to windermere .. and walked the rest of the way ... that might be a place for you .. that was an experience ive never repeated .. i blame the scouts we took ..

suedarbo 26-07-2009 15:30

I use UKCS too.:)

Eric 26-07-2009 17:11

Algonquin Park ... a real gem and dirt cheap ... but watch out for the bears:eek: Just give them a bit of the Accy Attitude and they will back off;):D

flashy 26-07-2009 18:52

lol Eric :D i'll book into that next week

Retlaw 26-07-2009 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 731118)
I've decided to give camping a go (i dont like it but the child does) just ordered a 4 man tent, already got sleeping bags and an air bed.....but i was wondering where we could go, i'll be putting my stuff on my bike and getting on the train with it so dont want to go too far, want to spend as little money as possible per night too, somewhere that has toilets and a shower would do us

anyone any ideas?

Why not give it a go in the back garden first then if it does'nt work out you've not far to go.

All facilities close at hand, no wearisome travelling.

By the way who are the 4 men going to be in your tent,
wishful thinking or what.
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:hidewall:
Retlaw.

flashy 26-07-2009 21:13

i've already thought about that Retlaw, suggested it to Reece yesterday

4 men...i would usually say 'i wish' but can't be arsed with all that anymore, i'm being a good girl now :D