Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Gym's in Accrington / Oswaldtwistle (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/gyms-in-accrington-oswaldtwistle-48635.html)

emzy 03-08-2009 19:39

Gym's in Accrington / Oswaldtwistle

I am thinking of joining a gym (probably be september when the boys start nursery and i have a bit of free time) Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced Gym??

Thanks

shillelagh 03-08-2009 20:01

Re: Gym's in Accrington / Oswaldtwistle

Leisure in Hyndburn - Providing Sport & Leisure within Hyndburn

howabout this emzy .. cheaper than a membership at a gym plus you will be using it during the day when the boys are in nursery ... plus you could use it when taking them swimming

SamF 03-08-2009 23:59

Sports Centre is pretty good, huge mix of people all shapes ages and sizes - only problem with leisure pass is that you have to get there before 4PM which I struggle with.

jaysay 04-08-2009 02:56

There's own situated in the old Nat West Bank opposite the Civic Theatre in Ossy emzy, or there was last time I looked, which was actually a few months ago, quite a few in fact

Rastus 04-08-2009 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 733146)
There's own situated in the old Nat West Bank opposite the Civic Theatre in Ossy emzy, or there was last time I looked, which was actually a few months ago, quite a few in fact

It is still there and they were advertising quite cheap prices can't remember the de3tails though sorry.

Taggy 04-08-2009 08:15

I use the Energie Gym (used to be Sportlife) near the Globe Centre, costs £250 for 12 months. I find it very good, and theres always someone there to help devise and monitor a workout program with you. The one in Ossie (Fitness Bank) i went to for a few months, bits more Basic than Energie, and is more geared for people who like Weight Training rather than Cardio. Equipment more modern at Energie and more help with your Training. Shower facilities also much better too.

Best Regards - Taggy

emzy 04-08-2009 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 733191)
I use the Energie Gym (used to be Sportlife) near the Globe Centre, costs £250 for 12 months. I find it very good, and theres always someone there to help devise and monitor a workout program with you. The one in Ossie (Fitness Bank) i went to for a few months, bits more Basic than Energie, and is more geared for people who like Weight Training rather than Cardio. Equipment more modern at Energie and more help with your Training. Shower facilities also much better too.

Best Regards - Taggy

So that works out at about £20 a month, not that bad really. Not sure how long ill keep it up though going on my own lol but deff wanna try, Might look into that one soon thanks

jaysay 04-08-2009 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rastus (Post 733187)
It is still there and they were advertising quite cheap prices can't remember the de3tails though sorry.

You've just jogged my memory Rastus, of course its still open, its only about 6 weeks ago that I got a phone call from them trying to sell me a membership, I nearly killed myself with laughing, she could understand why until I told her the state of my health:D

ossylass 04-08-2009 12:41

I have joined the Fitness Bank on Union Road, It is more basic than JJB where I used to go, but it only costs me £12 per month, which is great. Not sure if this special offer is still on, though.

emzy 04-08-2009 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossylass (Post 733296)
I have joined the Fitness Bank on Union Road, It is more basic than JJB where I used to go, but it only costs me £12 per month, which is great. Not sure if this special offer is still on, though.

Might give them a try, i saw the offer a month or two ago but didnt see the point signing up knowing that i wouldnt be able to go for a few months