Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Injured Cat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/injured-cat-48825.html)

emzy 13-08-2009 08:59

Injured Cat

On sunday i found my neighbours cat curled up the the corner of my garden, I picked it up and found that something has happened to it and it is dragging one of its back legs. I took it round to my neighbour and told them about it, gave them the cat etc and she said that she would take it to the vets on monday (being closed on a sunday which i thought fair enough) Today when i was hanging the washing out i heard it meowing so made noises for it to come to me (as you do) and it came but still has the same problem (dragging its leg) If they had taken it to the vets would the vet had not put a cast / splint etc in it? (given that it doesnt seem to be able to use its leg at all)
I dont really speak to my neighbours so dont want to go round and challenge them about it but feel so sorry for this cat being like this. I would take it to the vets myself but just cannot afford to do this.

Can anyone advise if the vet may have left it like this or offer any other advice as to what to do for this poor little thing (and no, bricking it etc is not an option :rolleyes: lol)

Thanks

Mick 13-08-2009 09:00

Re: Injured Cat

Ring the RSPCA and tell them

entwisi 13-08-2009 09:09

seconded.. RSPCA let them deal with it,

K.S.H 13-08-2009 09:12

Ask them 1st what the vet said, you might find out that they have taken it, they won't put a splint on if its not broken, if they say they didn't take it then phone the RSPCA

jaysay 13-08-2009 09:13

Think the lads have got it right Emzy

Polly_45 13-08-2009 11:19

A torn ligament can cause a animal to drag its leg.but its more of a very bad limp.if the cat had been to the vets my thinking is it would of been kept in for xrays and if broken it would either be pinned or plated either way it shouldnt be outside
Ask your neighbour and if you are not satisfied with her/his reply RSPCA should be your next call

Oh and by the way all vets operate a out of hours surgery

emzy 13-08-2009 12:16

Thanks polly, I knew about the out of hours thingie (had to take my sisters cat yrs ago after and accident which eded in amputation) but just thought well they have no car, may not have the money for the extra fees etc that they would take it to the on in town the day after. Will try and speak to them to see if they have done (it can move it legs but not it ankle, thats just folded back if you get what i mean)

cherokee 13-08-2009 14:14

I agree Emma RSPCA seem to be the best to advise. sounds like it has been left . poor thing its prob in agony.

emzy 13-08-2009 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherokee (Post 735992)
I agree Emma RSPCA seem to be the best to advise. sounds like it has been left . poor thing its prob in agony.

Its wandered off for now but no doubt will come back soon enough. When it comes back I will take it up to the RSPCA (either today or tomorrow). Feel really sorry for its, its such a lovely, friendly cat, and is great with the kids (it often comes round to pinch the dogs dinner :rolleyes:)

Eric 13-08-2009 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by emzy (Post 735969)
Thanks polly, I knew about the out of hours thingie (had to take my sisters cat yrs ago after and accident which eded in amputation) but just thought well they have no car, may not have the money for the extra fees etc that they would take it to the on in town the day after. Will try and speak to them to see if they have done (it can move it legs but not it ankle, thats just folded back if you get what i mean)

and accyman, I said no bricks!!!! lol, you are so so cruel. But will save that brick for you :D

Could use it on the cat's owner.

accyman 13-08-2009 19:23

ok hands up who moaned about the brick post and got it removed :rolleyes:

jaysay 14-08-2009 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 736090)
ok hands up who moaned about the brick post and got it removed :rolleyes:

Did you ever think it wouldn't;)

Neil 14-08-2009 12:27

Maybe she can't afford to take it to the vets and be ripped of for hundreds of pounds so she is just keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better first. Cats are very resilient, a few years ago we had one that cut itself badly n the skin between its leg and body. It looked like you could have put your fingers in and peeled its skin off. We cleaned it and closed the would. He healed very quickly and a few days later you could not even see where the cut had been.

MUMMIBOO 14-08-2009 12:33

I agree with neil, my cat trixie hurt her leg a while ago and i posted on here as to what i should do, i kept an eye on her and it got better on its own.

katex 14-08-2009 13:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 736291)
Maybe she can't afford to take it to the vets and be ripped of for hundreds of pounds so she is just keeping an eye on it to see if it gets better first. Cats are very resilient, a few years ago we had one that cut itself badly n the skin between its leg and body. It looked like you could have put your fingers in and peeled its skin off. We cleaned it and closed the would. He healed very quickly and a few days later you could not even see where the cut had been.

That's all well and good Neil, and the cat was lucky ... don't expect you would have had the same attitude if it had been one your children.