Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Red Ribbon (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/red-ribbon-50179.html)

katex 29-10-2009 17:51

Red Ribbon

Which member has cut the Red Ribbon this week and on what occasion ?

Karma to the first person who gets it .... :)

Eric 29-10-2009 20:00

Re: Red Ribbon

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 758251)
Which member has cut the Red Ribbon this week and on what occasion ?

Karma to the first person who gets it .... :)

Is cutting the red ribbon some sort of idiosyncratic Lancashire term for something else? :confused: Does it need translation? As in "Who cut the cheese in the pub last night? And how many were hurt in the rush to the exits?":mosher:

flashy 29-10-2009 20:02

i reckon its Gayle

Eric 29-10-2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 758317)
i reckon its Gayle

Ah ... so it was an actual red ribbon, not a metaphor .... my guess would be Gayle too .... and possibly something to do with the Coppice:confused:

Mancie 29-10-2009 20:49

I'll have a few of guesses

1: Garinda putting the finishing touch to yet another hat he's made for the Queen.

2: Bagpuss opening a new day center for non-english speaking Polish and Romanian immigrants

3: Cashman unveiling a statue of Maggie Thatcher in he's front garden

Am I close? ;):)

lancsdave 29-10-2009 21:12

It was Neil, shame his mug shows up more in the photo than the ribbon :D

Eric 29-10-2009 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 758347)
I'll have a few of guesses

1: Garinda putting the finishing touch to yet another hat he's made for the Queen.

2: Bagpuss opening a new day center for non-english speaking Polish and Romanian immigrants

3: Cashman unveiling a statue of Maggie Thatcher in he's front garden

Am I close? ;):)

Maybe ... but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.:eek:

katex 29-10-2009 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 758358)
It was Neil, shame his mug shows up more in the photo than the ribbon :D

You are correct Lancsdave ... Neil cutting the red tape to a new extension to the Rhyddings Park play area. Just my way of saying well done!! Looks really good. Should I curtsey next time I see him. ?

Of course, we have got P.B. holding this ribbon tightly for Neil to snip through it ... hope was a clean cut .... :D

Sorry Eric/Mancie ... brilliant suggestions, but would have had to have had the early edition of the Observer to get this, but made me chuckle.

flashy 29-10-2009 21:52

ooo i'll look forward to reading that tomorrow....think i'll cut the pic out and put it above the fire

Eric 29-10-2009 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 758387)
ooo i'll look forward to reading that tomorrow....think i'll cut the pic out and put it above the fire

.... or in it.:D

Eric 29-10-2009 22:14

Ah ... I couldn't find anything about it in the Observer on line ... no mention of Canada's setting aside of 250 million acres of forest to help the environment either. But I did enjoy the article "The World's Best Job ... A Holland's Pie taster."

Oh, and congrats Neil ... from what I read on here you deserve recognition for your work on Rhyddings Park ...

How's the goat doing by the way.

katex 29-10-2009 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 758397)
.... or in it.:D

LOL .. wasn't quite sure if Flashy had some undertones of satanic ritual either Eric. Sort of slow roasting ?

steeljack 30-10-2009 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 758403)
Ah .... But I did enjoy the article "The World's Best Job ... A Holland's Pie taster."

think from a story a few years back the taste of human flesh (Hannibal Lecter) was a requirement for this job ........can any Accy webbers confirm this ? :eek: :eek:

flashy 30-10-2009 07:31

wasnt that supposed to be that asian woman who was killed in accy a few years ago?....only heard rumours of course