Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Do you have a will (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/do-you-have-a-will-50328.html)

jaysay 07-11-2009 10:36

Do you have a will

I've had a will for many years, since my mid twenties when my first marriage went belly up, although I've changed it a few times as I've got older. The other day I was watching Eggheads on TV and there was a question about Wills, it was only then that I realised that my current will was invalid, My eldest Daughter and Joan are executors and beneficiaries, but I didn't realise they couldn't be witnesses to it as well, which actually makes common sense really. Anyway the next morning I looked in Yellow Pages and sorted another out, so I'm sorted again unless I pop my clogs this weekend that is:D

cashman 07-11-2009 11:32

Re: Do you have a will

made one out about 15 yrs ago, well invalid now, but as i am now at the couldn't care less stage of life.........SOD IT.:D

shillelagh 07-11-2009 13:30

BBC NEWS | Business | Cohabitee rights plan criticised

i havent made a will .. but really i know i should seeing as im single and no kids ..

MargaretR 07-11-2009 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 761199)
BBC NEWS | Business | Cohabitee rights plan criticised

i havent made a will .. but really i know i should seeing as im single and no kids ..

Very true - if you don't the Duchy of Lancaster (that german woman) can steal the lot

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/tsemmanual/tsem7830.htm

jaysay 07-11-2009 14:16

It really is surprising just how many people die intestate, I often used to watch that morning program on BBC Heir Hunters, and the number who had hundreds of thousands in the bank and no will

accyman 07-11-2009 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 761177)
made one out about 15 yrs ago, well invalid now, but as i am now at the couldn't care less stage of life.........SOD IT.:D

as long as you remember to leave me the villa in spain take your time mate :D

***Mr D*** 07-11-2009 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 761201)
Very true - if you don't the Duchy of Lancaster (that german woman) can steal the lot

Deceased persons: intestacy - England and Wales - division of estate

Yeah I bet she makes a fortune.:D

Benipete 07-11-2009 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 761161)
I've had a will for many years, since my mid twenties when my first marriage went belly up, although I've changed it a few times as I've got older. The other day I was watching Eggheads on TV and there was a question about Wills, it was only then that I realised that my current will was invalid, My eldest Daughter and Joan are executors and beneficiaries, but I didn't realise they couldn't be witnesses to it as well, which actually makes common sense really. Anyway the next morning I looked in Yellow Pages and sorted another out, so I'm sorted again unless I pop my clogs this weekend that is:D

Hope you spelled my name right John,Can't be mucked about.:)

I think I may have spelled mucked wrong.:D:D

Eric 07-11-2009 18:01

Mine's all up to date ... and the beneficiaries are .... :theband: wait for it ... the lost, abandoned, and unwanted animals at the Kingston Humane Society:mosher: everyone else can shift for themselves. (Sorry about the grammatical mistake; but "shift for himself" is too politically incorrect:rolleyes:)

Benipete 07-11-2009 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 761322)
Mine's all up to date ... and the beneficiaries are .... :theband: wait for it ... the lost, abandoned, and unwanted animals at the Kingston Humane Society:mosher: everyone else can shift for themselves. (Sorry about the grammatical mistake; but "shift for himself" is too politically incorrect:rolleyes:)

Have you got an address for that place:D

Any port in a storm will do.:hehetable

katex 07-11-2009 18:44

Mine was easy .. split 50/50 between my two kids .. what a shock they will get when they discover nowt there .... :D

West Ender 07-11-2009 20:55

I made my Will over 20 years ago. It leaves everything to my husband but he died 13 years ago so it provides for my estate to go to my children.

I remember the problems my mother and her siblings had over her father's estate. He had not made a Will, which was ridiculous for an educated man, and his sons thought they should have preference over his daughters in the matter of his property. My mother, the youngest of 8, got absolutely nothing and the family was split, irreconcilably.

janet 07-11-2009 22:11

Made my will out 12 years ago after my mother died inestate, always thought she had made out a will, i was wrong. It takes a lot of sorting out, thats why i made one .only i have nowt to leave.Cost me £100 at Haworth & Nuttal.Better being safe than sorry i suppose.

jaysay 08-11-2009 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 761316)
Hope you spelled my name right John,Can't be mucked about.:)

I think I may have spelled mucked wrong.:D:D

What you saying Beni, my spelling ain't up to scratch or sumat:D:rolleyes:

grannyclaret 08-11-2009 14:15

i have a will in the solicitors,but its simple,,three sons three equal shares of everything,,,,