Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Fake Christmas tree (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/fake-christmas-tree-50616.html)

shillelagh 28-11-2009 04:14

Fake Christmas tree

the borough of poole has instead of a real christmas tree this year has bought a fake christmas tree ...

BBC News - Council axes real Christmas tree

they spend £4000 every year on a real one .. so this year they've bought a fake one costing £14,000 and they say it will save them money as they'll be able to use it again. Thing is though .. due to the high winds, rain, possibly snow, sun (well you never know) by the time 4 years have come around wont they be needing another .. as the tree will have faded, been bashed by the high winds and rain and snow etc and the sun .... so they'd have to buy a new one anyway

By the way what if accrington's council decided to get a fake tree like that ... or would you prefer a live one ..

I know fake ones are handy to have in the house .. ive got one myself .. but a town having a fake one .. dont seem right to me ..

Benipete 28-11-2009 09:46

Re: Fake Christmas tree

As long as Accywebs Little Angel is sat on the top of it I'm not really bothered:hidewall::hehetable

shillelagh 28-11-2009 17:23

well benipete .. if i was to sit on top of a christmas tree it would have to be like this one ...

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:Y...-pictures1.jpg

because if i was sat on a normal one .. it would end up like this :D

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:B...stmas-tree.jpg

BUT i have managed to find the researchers perfect christmas tree ....:D

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:6...stmas_tree.jpg

katex 28-11-2009 21:39

Very good Shill ... made me laugh .. particularly the third one. Do you think would last over Christmas ? :D

shillelagh 28-11-2009 23:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 765899)
Very good Shill ... made me laugh .. particularly the third one. Do you think would last over Christmas ? :D

Well theres 2 barrels each .. unless you count lynx and david1 ... then its only 1 ... with 1 left over to share .... and i very much doubt it that 2 barrels each would last the researchers never mind 1 and the 1 to share ... :D:D:D:D:D

Galloping Hairpin 03-12-2009 15:24

I saw a thing on t.v this last week about 'rent-a-tree'. It is apparently the best and eco-friendly way to have a live,fresh tree. The chap (dunno who or where) keeps the trees in the ground, then pots 'em up for the season (whichever one you choose) then collects 'em and replants 'em afterwards 'til next year. He says it's good cos the tree doesn't die, all that extra carbon-dioxide is absorbed by a real tree and the customer has a nice crisp, sweet scented tree that they don't have to worry about taking up the tip!
Thought it sounded a great idea myself...might be costly though...?????... But surely a cheaper way for a town or council to have a nice tree...The man who owns the business said he has a number of villages and councils (and I'm sure he said the London mayor) who have the same tree each year. He labels them up so he knows who had what.

Eric 03-12-2009 16:24

I think that I'll go out and cut my own as usual ... boring and primative I know, but I get to wander in the bush with a chain saw and pick the perfect tree ... well, I wander round in the bush with a chain saw, until I get cold and bored, and then cut the nearest one down. But it's fun, and best done sober ... operating a chain saw while impaired could get you hurt worse than driving drunk.:eek:

cashman 03-12-2009 16:29

has to be fake in towns, much easier fer the yobs to set fire too.:rolleyes:

shillelagh 08-12-2009 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 765611)
the borough of poole has instead of a real christmas tree this year has bought a fake christmas tree ...

BBC News - Council axes real Christmas tree

they spend £4000 every year on a real one .. so this year they've bought a fake one costing £14,000 and they say it will save them money as they'll be able to use it again. Thing is though .. due to the high winds, rain, possibly snow, sun (well you never know) by the time 4 years have come around wont they be needing another .. as the tree will have faded, been bashed by the high winds and rain and snow etc and the sun .... so they'd have to buy a new one anyway

By the way what if accrington's council decided to get a fake tree like that ... or would you prefer a live one ..

I know fake ones are handy to have in the house .. ive got one myself .. but a town having a fake one .. dont seem right to me ..

well they've got a real one now ... someone vandalised the fake one ..:D

BBC News - Fir replaces fake Christmas tree

BERNADETTE 09-12-2009 09:18

I read somewhere that they had to replace the fake one as people were climbing up the framework so it became a Health And Safety issue:)

SPUGGIE J 09-12-2009 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 767179)
has to be fake in towns, much easier fer the yobs to set fire too.:rolleyes:

Crimbo trees go up pretty well thanks to the oil in em. Oh n no I done it but have seen the results not far from me.

LYNX1 09-12-2009 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 765928)
Well theres 2 barrels each .. unless you count lynx and david1 ... then its only 1 ... with 1 left over to share .... and i very much doubt it that 2 barrels each would last the researchers never mind 1 and the 1 to share ... :D:D:D:D:D

Now now, you know that david1 and I are staunch teetotallers......we only go to supervise :rolleyes:

SPUGGIE J 09-12-2009 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 768687)
Now now, you know that david1 and I are staunch teetotallers......we only go to supervise :rolleyes:

"Cough splutter splutter cough cough" how did you come up with that answer? You sniffing crimbo trees?

SPUGGIE J 09-12-2009 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 768654)
I read somewhere that they had to replace the fake one as people were climbing up the framework so it became a Health And Safety issue:)

Like to see em try that on some i have seen unless they want to be cooked that is. :)

shillelagh 09-12-2009 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 768687)

yeah really ... so what was in that pint glass when i was in the railway .. looked similiar to that 'dirty beer':D:D:D