Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   do you think these websites actually give the goods? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/do-you-think-these-websites-actually-give-the-goods-52218.html)

oliver93 11-03-2010 18:29

do you think these websites actually give the goods?

Ive always wondered wheather these pyramid schemes deliver the goods.
I can see how they would work out but I doubt big buisnesses pay the people to advertise them (then again they always seem to be the ones going bust)

what do you think? have you ever tried them?

DaveinGermany 11-03-2010 19:17

Re: do you think these websites actually give the goods?

Don't be daft ! The only ones making anything on them are the people at the top. A few times we've been invited to "Take part" & be in on the big deal, all we needed to do was pay our introduction / starter fee of a couple Hundred then just sit back & wait.....& wait.....& wait, hoping someone else would be stupid enough to accept the scam at our invitation & we'd get our money back.

No Mrs.Williams's little Lad wasn't quite as stupid as they thought & he politely turned them down quite firmly. On top of that my personal integrity & honesty wouldn't even allow me to think of setting friends up in such a shameful & disgusting way & in the process irreparably damaging a good & loyal friendship. My advice to you Oli or anyone else who may be tempted, stay away, stay as far away from the scam as possible.

Should a "friend" suggest it ! point them in the right direction, or keep them as a distant friend.

I do believe they've made Pyramid scams illegal in Germany, & all the better for it in my view.

cmonstanley 11-03-2010 19:56

theyre like someone telling you youve won a holiday in a competition you havent entered....:D:D

accyman 12-03-2010 00:43

the only place that mentions pyramids that is legit and delivers what they say is egypt

oliver93 12-03-2010 08:51

well darn there goes my chance at getting a magic mouse :'(

jaysay 12-03-2010 09:12

Pyramid schemes were outlawed years ago, and rightly so, thy caused problems for people who could ill afford them

Neil 12-03-2010 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver93 (Post 796275)
well darn there goes my chance at getting a magic mouse :'(

Looks like it seeing as I removed the link you added to you signature :p

mattylad 12-03-2010 17:07

I was involved in a scheme in the early 90's, selling water filters.

Cost my dad a grand, I managed 1 sale which went pear shaped.

Bad experience.

Never saw a sphinx though :D

accyman 12-03-2010 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylad (Post 796418)

Never saw a sphinx though :D

it was attatched to te arse that sold you the buisness :)

Less 13-03-2010 09:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by oliver93 (Post 796177)
Ive always wondered wheather these pyramid schemes deliver the goods.
I can see how they would work out but I doubt big buisnesses pay the people to advertise them (then again they always seem to be the ones going bust)

what do you think? have you ever tried them?

Welcome to 'on the level' money making scheme, there is no hierarchy we all appear equal with this plan, all you have to do is beg, borrow or steal all the money you can put it in an ASDA Hessian bag for life, (see we are a green company), walk into the Railway any weekday between 12 and 2, ask for Mick, Benipete or Less, we will probably be in the smoking area out the back, (less chance of witnesses, erm' I mean, more privacy), we will give you a big smiling thank you as you hand over the bag and you will leave knowing that although you won't benefit from the proceeds lots of local pubs will.

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12274.gif

jaysay 13-03-2010 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 796574)
Welcome to 'on the level' money making scheme, there is no hierarchy we all appear equal with this plan, all you have to do is beg, borrow or steal all the money you can put it in an ASDA Hessian bag for life, (see we are a green company), walk into the Railway any weekday between 12 and 2, ask for Mick, Benipete or Less, we will probably be in the smoking area out the back, (less chance of witnesses, erm' I mean, more privacy), we will give you a big smiling thank you as you hand over the bag and you will leave knowing that although you won't benefit from the proceeds lots of local pubs will.

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12274.gif

Was having a bad day until I read this post Less:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Less 13-03-2010 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 796576)
Was having a bad day until I read this post Less:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Well perhaps you need a hobby? Maybe if you took an interest in local politics?

I hear there is a really interesting disussion about a local council leader doing the rounds, perhaps you could join in and let them have your unbiased thoughts on the subject?

:D

jaysay 13-03-2010 09:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 796579)
Well perhaps you need a hobby? Maybe if you took an interest in local politics?

I hear there is a really interesting discussion about a local council leader doing the rounds, perhaps you could join in and let them have your unbiased thoughts on the subject?

:D

Not really into politics Less;)