Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Anybody else have a problem (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/anybody-else-have-a-problem-55978.html)

jaysay 09-12-2010 08:59

Anybody else have a problem

There's me, fast asleep at 1am this morning when I was suddenly wakened, I sat up wondering what it was. I'm on the emergency call system and the red button was flashing, then a voice said "warning, your telephone is not connected" this went on for close on an hour, the same warning being blurted out every 20 seconds, (I timed it) I pressed the call button and the voice help has been called for. As I said after around an hour the voice stopped and the sound of a number on speed dial, being dialed, this happened about 3 times, then a voice said hello Mr Farrar are you okay, I told the guy the story and he just said, well you coming through load and clear know. He reset the system the light stopped flashing law and behold I had a dialing tone again This happen to any off you night hawks who were on line, there are 4 other accy webbers on my estate MargaretR and Mez not sure if the emergency call service is relevant to them, but I know mallard is, wonder if he was effected, interested to here from anybody this effected

MargaretR 09-12-2010 09:03

Re: Anybody else have a problem

I don't have that emergency connection - I think it is automatically installed in ground floor flats, but only in upper flats on request.

jaysay 09-12-2010 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 867580)
I don't have that emergency connection - I think it is automatically installed in ground floor flats, but only in upper flats on request.

It has changed now Margaret, it used to be just ground floor flats, but its changed to the needs of the person now either first floor or ground floor doesn't matter, this came about because an elderly gentleman was led on his bathroom floor for 2 days before he was found

MargaretR 09-12-2010 09:15

My good neighbour watches for my curtains opening - If I have a late lie in he knocks on my door to make sure I'm alive. He also carries my blue box down the stairs and puts my grey bin out. (Wonderful isn't he)

jaysay 09-12-2010 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 867587)
My good neighbour watches for my curtains opening - If I have a late lie in he knocks on my door to make sure I'm alive. He also carries my blue box down the stairs and puts my grey bin out. (Wonderful isn't he)

See Margaret you can't do without us men really can you:D, but seriously it maybe an idea to inquire about the service Margaret, you actually never know whats around the corner

mez 09-12-2010 10:37

morning both, now i've not had that problem jay, but they do say i sleep very very soundley & i havn't got a phone in the bedroom, but as far as i can tell no it didn't happen to me,.