Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Mobile hairdresser needed. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/mobile-hairdresser-needed-56775.html)

Gremlin 10-02-2011 08:09

Mobile hairdresser needed.

Do any of you know of a hairdresser who can travel to the Blackburn Hospital and tidy my wife's hair up. She has been in for three weeks and although the staff are really looking after her and washing her hair it could do with a trim.
Nothing fancy, she is over 60 and not going off to a debs ball or anything posh for a while.
I though she would be home this weekend so we have not bothered until now but we have been told she may have to stay a bit longer.
any PM's will be answered.
Thanks.

jaysay 10-02-2011 08:47

Re: Mobile hairdresser needed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 882120)
Do any of you know of a hairdresser who can travel to the Blackburn Hospital and tidy my wife's hair up. She has been in for three weeks and although the staff are really looking after her and washing her hair it could do with a trim.
Nothing fancy, she is over 60 and not going off to a debs ball or anything posh for a while.
I though she would be home this weekend so we have not bothered until now but we have been told she may have to stay a bit longer.
any PM's will be answered.
Thanks.

There used to be an hairdresser that came round the ward Gremlin, whether this still happens I don't know

Gremlin 10-02-2011 09:21

No longer available jaysay, thanks anyway. The ward sister says it will be OK to have a hairdresser come in to do my wife's hair but I would have to arrange for her to come in.
The hairdresser's shop which was in the hospital entrance hall is now closed and a mobility scooter shop moved in.

I have now got a PM from Bernie with a mobile number but no one is answering yet, maybe she likes a lie in.

BERNADETTE 10-02-2011 10:49

Quote:

Gremlin I have now got a PM from Bernie with a mobile number but no one is answering yet, maybe she likes a lie in.
No she isn't having a lie in, she might be driving but know she is definetly out and about as she has done my friends hair today:)

Gremlin 10-02-2011 11:08

Thanks, I will try again.

entwisi 10-02-2011 12:51

my mum uses one as well, if you dont get any luck with Bernies I'll get teh number off my mum tonight

Ian

Neil 10-02-2011 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 882154)
No she isn't having a lie in, she might be driving but know she is definetly out and about as she has done my friends hair today:)

I would expect someone who is in the car a lot like a mobile hairdresser to have car kit so she/he can answer the phone.

flashy 10-02-2011 14:35

last time i was up there they had a salon on the ground floor, has that gone now?

Margaret Pilkington 10-02-2011 15:16

It has closed and been replaced by a mobilty centre....I think.

Gremlin 10-02-2011 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 882183)
It has closed and been replaced by a mobilty centre....I think.

Correct, I mentioned that in my second post of the thread.

I told my wife I had a number for a mobile hairdresser but she is too weary to be bothered at the moment, she says as soon as she picks up a bit I can arrange for someone so I will keep trying Bernie's friend.

The nurse gave my wife a shower and washed her hair so it feels a bit better but a bit too long for her likening.

Gremlin 10-02-2011 17:26

I have now spoken with the lady Bernie told me about and we agreed that when my wife is feeling up to it she will visit the hospital and do the hairdressing thing.

I have no problem with my hair, I lost it 50 years ago.

Thanks for all the replies, consider this thread closed.

BERNADETTE 10-02-2011 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 882210)
I have now spoken with the lady Bernie told me about and we agreed that when my wife is feeling up to it she will visit the hospital and do the hairdressing thing.

I have no problem with my hair, I lost it 50 years ago.

Thanks for all the replies, consider this thread closed.

Glad you got sorted for when your wife is feeling up to it:)

Margaret Pilkington 11-02-2011 12:56

Gremlin, I hope your good lady is feeling better soon........and a nice hairdo always bucks you up a bit.