Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Accrington Childminders? or recommended nurseries? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/accrington-childminders-or-recommended-nurseries-57907.html)

hairylee 16-05-2011 14:24

Accrington Childminders? or recommended nurseries?

Before I get told off for starting a new thread on childminding I have searched previous ones but these go back to 2007. Slightly out of date. And I need information relevant to now, so if you know of any childminders/nurseries in accrington preferably near peel park / ave parade / Burnley rd area please let me know, I've searched all over and I can find lots in ozzy but none in accy? Surely I'm missing something, and I'm not paying 19.99 for a 3 month subscription to childcare.co.uk to get telephone numbers??!

The age of the child will.be around 11 months, to start in Sept '11. For an AM.session 8am/8:30am - 12:30pm

Everyone's help will be much appreciated!.

entwisi 16-05-2011 14:36

Re: Accrington Childminders? or recommended nurseries?

one of the best ways is to go and speak to the childminders stood outside schools at kicking out time, if you aim for teh school that you eventually want teh child to attend then you know they already collect there. I will ask the lady who looks after our children if she knows anyone in that area as well for you.

Ian

hairylee 16-05-2011 14:38

Ta for that!

sparkie 16-05-2011 15:40

Hi there, its slightly further afield (but only slightly!) but my daughter goes to one of the local sure start nurseries, The Willows, which is based at Christchurch Church just off the bottom of manchester road near the old fire station. She's been there since she was 9 months old and she loves it. I can highly recommend them. The phone number to ring to check availability is 01254 387757, this will get you through to the main centre (the Park) at Norfolk Grove as all enquiries and administration is done there.

Hope this helps

entwisi 16-05-2011 18:41

spoke to our CM, she will either post them herself later or get teh people themselves top come on here and post up....

rosehol 26-05-2011 13:21

hi, Im a childminder in Accrington. I have a vacancy coming up in September, which i have just started to advertise. If your interested, i will ring you. Just send me a message. Rose

pipinfort 26-05-2011 13:35

We use an excellent childminder who has many years of childcare experience, she lives towards the bottom of avenue parade, I`m not sure exactly what vacancies she has but i know she has some coming up for the summer and beyond, I will pm you her details.