Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Housing estate off whinney hill (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/housing-estate-off-whinney-hill-61649.html)

willy wonk 06-06-2012 18:06

Housing estate off whinney hill

Looking into the history of the site.Been talking to a few neighbours and a lot of them have experianced strange goings on,so just wondering what was on the site before,,,can anyone shed any light??

accyman 06-06-2012 18:15

Re: Housing estate off whinney hill

a brick yard most of it

as for shedding light

ghosts dont exist so dont frett about poltergiest or ghouls :)

probbaly just rats making their way from the canal to the tip for supper

Gremlin 06-06-2012 18:23

There used to be a tunnel from the brickyard where the houses are now through to the quarry where they got the clay for the bricks.
Maybe a long forgotten brickmaker was buried there when they filled the tunnel in and he is trying to escape.

Then again I tend to agree with the post above from accyman.

TubbyLes 06-06-2012 19:01

The area was the huge Nori Brickworks.I worked there in the 50's in between terms in the 6th form.There were a number of coal fired kilns and a tunnel kiln fired by gas.The ground below these must have got very hot,so the earth will be weakened.At the entrance to the estate off Whinney Hill Rd. there was a coal mine and I Don't know whether the shaft was filled in or just capped.This area is now just grass and not built on for obvious reasons.The side of the hill next to the estate is a filled in by refuse old quarry which caught fire in the late 50's and burned internally for two years,so it must be a bit honeycombed inside.
All this points to some unstable land beneath your feet,so there must be some land movements acting like mini earthquakes,which could event in slight rumblings and pots rattling.So I am afraid no ghosts!

willy wonk 07-06-2012 16:36

May explain some things but not smoke alarms going off with no smoke,burgler alarms when nobody in house,tv coming on when it had been umpluged,lights being turned on,2 mobile phones breaking within seconds of each other in same house,shadows etc just to name a few things that have happened.......

Gordon Booth 07-06-2012 16:48

I think you need your wiring checking.
Mind you, a TV which works while unplugged- that's worth having, save a fortune.

MargaretR 07-06-2012 16:50

There are forums where you can ask for advice (from believers)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pa...w=1029&bih=678

Gordon Booth 07-06-2012 17:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 996446)
There are forums where you can ask for advice (from believers)

MargaretR, as it happens I'm married to a 'chalice' and I personally have seen and experienced things which would give you the shivers.
However I still believe there are rational explanations for these things. We just can't find them(and I've tried).
I just can't class 'ghosts' as rational.

MargaretR 07-06-2012 17:37

I have had psychic experiences too, but make no claims about knowing how to prevent them (if that is what you want).

Some experiences can be interpreted as attempts at messages.
I know most people experience fear, but when you accept the 'paranormal' as 'normal', fear doesn't arise.

One particular visitor I sensed as evil was told to 'pee off', and it did.:D

Claytoner40 07-06-2012 22:02

Jesus there are some balloons on here. I honestly cannot believe this thread is serious

MargaretR 07-06-2012 22:21

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytoner40 (Post 996507)
Jesus there are some balloons on here. I honestly cannot believe this thread is serious

Is this you?

Claytoner40 07-06-2012 22:41

No Margaret I am honestly VERY open minded but as my dad said to me As far fetched as a bucketload of .... from China. Give me some books or websites to look at and I will approach them with an open mind

MargaretR 08-06-2012 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytoner40 (Post 996511)
No Margaret I am honestly VERY open minded but as my dad said to me As far fetched as a bucketload of .... from China. Give me some books or websites to look at and I will approach them with an open mind

You will be convinced when it happens to you.
(then you will be a balloon too ;))

Restless 08-06-2012 20:02

You can sure fit a load of dots in a bucket that has been in china !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytoner40 (Post 996511)

Big Dave 12-02-2013 08:45

To ressurrect this thread: The tip was on northern news this morning,apparently some of the residents on Whinney Hill are complaining about smells coming from the tip.This makes me think:Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put a housing estate on this site next to the tip which had been there for 50 odd years People then buy a house on the eatate next to the tip and then wonder why there are smells!!