Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Bin not collected - overweight sticker?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/bin-not-collected-overweight-sticker-61889.html)

hairylee 13-07-2012 17:09

Bin not collected - overweight sticker??

Hello everyone, we've returned home from work this evening, to find our bin hasnt been emptied and a sticker on it saying overweight! contact customer services, firstly the number on the sticker wasn't in use any more, luckily it gave a replacement number, but council offices were closed, note advises remove surplus waste and we will collect it on next collection!!:dflam:
The bin is already full, and that would mean a months rubbish, and you know what it boils down to, they wouldn't give us a green bin because apparently the area doesn't have gardens that warrant a green bin however when I weeded front and back the bin was nearly full, I have been super careful to recycle everything to reduce the rest of the waste we threw away last week. to make sure the lid closed, I cannot physically empty the bin as it is green garden waste, which will have started to multch down, since 2 weeks ago. I really don't know what to do??

I think my bin now has issues as they said it needs to go on a diet!!:eek:

You can't blummin win!!

I try to do everything by the book as they ask and where do they expect me to keep next 2 weeks rubbish??

jaysay 13-07-2012 17:32

Re: Bin not collected - overweight sticker??

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylee (Post 1002556)
Hello everyone, we've returned home from work this evening, to find our bin hasnt been emptied and a sticker on it saying overweight! contact customer services, firstly the number on the sticker wasn't in use any more, luckily it gave a replacement number, but council offices were closed, note advises remove surplus waste and we will collect it on next collection!!:dflam:
The bin is already full, and that would mean a months rubbish, and you know what it boils down to, they wouldn't give us a green bin because apparently the area doesn't have gardens that warrant a green bin however when I weeded front and back the bin was nearly full, I have been super careful to recycle everything to reduce the rest of the waste we threw away last week. to make sure the lid closed, I cannot physically empty the bin as it is green garden waste, which will have started to multch down, since 2 weeks ago. I really don't know what to do??

I think my bin now has issues as they said it needs to go on a diet!!:eek:

You can't blummin win!!

I try to do everything by the book as they ask and where do they expect me to keep next 2 weeks rubbish??

Transfer it to black bin liners and deposit them on the steps at scaitcliffe house with compliments

hairylee 13-07-2012 17:41

I am a woman, and I put the bloody thing out, cheek is that they shifted it to the opposite side of the back alley after they stuck a sticker on it, grrrr!

ossylass 13-07-2012 18:33

I need a green bin, but can't have one - but you are allowed to have up to five bags of garden refuse collected each month, if you phone the council they will tell you when they'll collect.

Bernard Dawson 13-07-2012 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by hairylee (Post 1002569)
I am a woman, and I put the bloody thing out, cheek is that they shifted it to the opposite side of the back alley after they stuck a sticker on it, grrrr!

Ring them on Monday. If you don't get anywhere let me know and I'll take up with them. I'm not promising to get it moved, but I'll see what I can do

lancsdave 13-07-2012 19:05

Quote:

I think they expect you to live outside while the recycling and refuse takes over the house :D

The best thing is the council owned sites probably have the worst recycling facilities going, do as they say not as they do ;)

annesingleton 13-07-2012 19:50

I agree, we took a load of bottles to the site and the bottle banks were full - we were told to chuck them in a skip full of hard core and assorted other rubbish. I personally think that this recycling business is a joke. I know it's not a popular thing to say and I'll possibly get a lot of flak but I truly believe we're all being had!

Mick 14-07-2012 04:25

If you have that much garden waste why not get one of those plastic compost bins from the council and start composting your garden waste i do
i don't have a garden but i grow rhubarb strawberries sometimes potatoes and peas in pots you can also put a lot of your household waste in the compost bin too.

jaysay 14-07-2012 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by annesingleton (Post 1002607)
I agree, we took a load of bottles to the site and the bottle banks were full - we were told to chuck them in a skip full of hard core and assorted other rubbish. I personally think that this recycling business is a joke. I know it's not a popular thing to say and I'll possibly get a lot of flak but I truly believe we're all being had!

Ho come on Anne we've just had a load of new BIGGER SACKS OF MANY COLOURS delivered through our doors together with the bumph telling us what a starring job is being done with recycling, keep the faith:jimbo:

Neil 14-07-2012 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1002685)
Ho come on Anne we've just had a load of new BIGGER SACKS OF MANY COLOURS delivered through our doors together with the bumph telling us what a starring job is being done with recycling, keep the faith:jimbo:

I must have a look at those and see what they are for, if I can find them

accyman 14-07-2012 14:21

Quote:

, they wouldn't give us a green bin because apparently the area doesn't have gardens that warrant a green bin

despite houses up rothwell avenue having a front,back and side garden it is not a garden area and dont need green bins.However some terraced houses in ossy with a small front garden basically just big enough for one or two rose bushes do get a green bin.

i wouldnt mind but the council owned the houses up rothwell avenue infact built them yet dont consider them as having gardens.

Maybe this new council will correct the stupidity and give people with gardens green bins

jaysay 14-07-2012 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1002720)

Ya mean you haven't looked at your new super duper recycling pack from HBC Neil, :eek:

Less 14-07-2012 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1002720)

I did what I always do with unsolicited junk mail/offers, into the recycling bin/bag they go without being opened...

Did I make a mistake?
:)

Neil 14-07-2012 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1002798)
I did what I always do with unsolicited junk mail/offers, into the recycling bin/bag they go without being opened...

Did I make a mistake?

Probably spot on :D

jaysay 15-07-2012 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1002798)

Did I make a mistake?

But how are you going to recycle your batteries Less:eek::eek: