Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Elbow Holes. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/elbow-holes-62657.html)

katex 11-10-2012 23:05

Elbow Holes.

Have this zip up cardigan which I quite like. It is wool and bought from Next. Really like it ... but, horror of horrors, has developed holes in the elbows (thought was outdated feature). Must be spending too much time at the computer.

As I now have not got a good supply of matching wool and a darning mushroom or indeed darning needle, where would I now get the leather patches ?

Don't shake your head, they are quite modern .. have a cardigan now which came with this embellishment. :D

MargaretR 11-10-2012 23:13

Re: Elbow Holes.

Surely you have heard of ebay

Real leather elbow patches with or without holes | eBay

susie123 11-10-2012 23:14

Try these Kate

Real leather elbow patches with or without holes | eBay

There are lots of others as well on ebay, depending on what colour you want. This was the first result that came up.

susie123 11-10-2012 23:15

Ha ha that was almost a dead heat Margaret!

katex 11-10-2012 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1022300)

LOL, Margaret ... I'm lazy ...don't often go on E-Bay.

Thanks ladies ... need grey ... any chance, do you think? Well, red could look quite cool actually. :D

susie123 11-10-2012 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1022307)
LOL, Margaret ... I'm lazy ...don't often go on E-Bay.

First place I look these days, especially as I don't go out much...:couchplus

katex 12-10-2012 00:35

Gosh, lots of different colours !:D

One problem, it states 'dry clean only'. As if I am going to send a woolen cardigan to the dry cleaners... :(

susie123 12-10-2012 00:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1022313)
Gosh, lots of different colours !:D

One problem, it states 'dry clean only'. As if I am going to send a woolen cardigan to the dry cleaners... :(

Think someone else was selling faux leather ones which might be washable. Try searching for leather elbow patches, I got about 200 results on ebay.

MITZY 12-10-2012 07:47

Failing ebay there is a stall in Accrington Market Hall that may sell them.

flashy 12-10-2012 07:51

They MAY sell them on the sewing/knitting stall in the market hall (i'd write habadashary if i could spell it)

Mick 12-10-2012 07:54

nearly right flashy :D haberdashery
I will be in the market hall later today will ask and let you know kate

Margaret Pilkington 12-10-2012 08:18

I will check out Bury Market tomorrow...they have a couple of haberdashery stalls on the market.
You need to fatten up your elbows Kate......the bones are too sharp:D

Less 12-10-2012 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 1022298)
Have this zip up cardigan which I quite like. It is wool and bought from Next. Really like it ... but, horror of horrors, has developed holes in the elbows (thought was outdated feature). Must be spending too much time at the computer.

As I now have not got a good supply of matching wool and a darning mushroom or indeed darning needle, where would I now get the leather patches ?

Don't shake your head, they are quite modern .. have a cardigan now which came with this embellishment. :D

Yes it's a shame when a favourite piece of clothing that you feel comfortable with starts to show a little wear and tear, we do try to prevent the inevitable for as long as possible but one day we just have to harden our hearts and throw them out.
I have a special pair of off-white briefs that I find difficult to part with, the elastic has gone forcing me to resort to safety pins, holes are appearing in the most inappropriate places, sometimes trapping once vital organs and restricting the blood supply and indeed in one area for some reason what appears to be a leather patch has formed itself on them.
But what the hey, how can I throw out something that has given good service on almost a daily basis for the last 30 years?
:D

Margaret Pilkington 12-10-2012 10:35

Less, you must be one of the members of the holey undercrackers club...My other half has the same problem. I have to resort to subterfuge and dispose of the holey garments when he is out of the house.......I make sure there is something moist.sticky and smelly on top of them in the bin, otherwise I am sure he would retrieve them.

Less 12-10-2012 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1022361)
Less, you must be one of the members of the holey undercrackers club...My other half has the same problem. I have to resort to subterfuge and dispose of the holey garments when he is out of the house.......I make sure there is something moist.sticky and smelly on top of them in the bin, otherwise I am sure he would retrieve them.

Wow, Margaret the romance in your marriage just shines through, women half your age wouldn't position themselves like that just to keep their spouse entertained!