Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Fishing Tackle Shop. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/fishing-tackle-shop-64925.html)

Alan Varrechia 03-09-2013 10:42

Fishing Tackle Shop.

Hi. Does anyone know of a Tackle shop close to Accy. I need some fishing line and something called a steel leader?
I know absolutely nothing about Fishing and cant recall seeing a tackle shop. Thanks. Alan. :D

RainbowSix 03-09-2013 12:11

Re: Fishing Tackle Shop.

The one in accy closed down.

There is now one in Rawtenstall opposite the fire station.
Rossendale bait and Tackle

Very helpful - give em a ring see if they have it.

Mind you, why do you need a steel leader? Are you going Pike fishing?

There is Macks fishing in Burnley, , Plumbe st.

There is bait at the pet feeds place at the roundabout near McDonalds rishing bridge. I don't think they do tackle though.

Padiham Angling Centre
17 Church Street
Padiham, Burnley BB12 8HF

Ossy Tackle Box
Oak Street
Oswaldtwistle, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 3JZ

Alan Varrechia 03-09-2013 12:17

Beleive it or not it's for a wooden wheeled clock i am building. The line is for the weight and the leader is used as the pendulum suspension. There are probably other ways of doing it but i'm following the plans to the letter on my first attempt.
Thanks for the addresses will try them as soon as poss. Alan. :D:D:D:alright:

Less 03-09-2013 13:19

Fishing Tackle Shop.

Most interesting, I wish you luck and success with your project.

westendlass 03-09-2013 13:53

I think there is an angling section in the Pet Warehouse in the middle of Ossy.

Gremlin 03-09-2013 14:31

You just beat me to it westendlass.
I bought a few bags of live worms from there when we got the new house, it was to help the soil aerate around the lawned area.
Someone told me it was a good idea, it seemed to work and two years later there are lots of little birds pulling worms out of the lawn.

I was also told to go to a fishing tackle shop on Abbey Street across from the top of Warner street if I didn't have success at Pet warehouse.

Alan Varrechia 03-09-2013 14:59

Thanks for the help folks. Got the bits i need. Less, the biggest part of the clock is done ( the wheels and pinnions were a pain to cut ou). Onec i get it on the wall and running i'll post some pics. This is a prototype if looks and works well i hope to make and sell afew. They are very unusual. :D:D

RainbowSix 13-09-2013 13:56

I just wanted to correct my post above, just in case anyone else looks for a fishing shop.
The shop in Accy has not closed down, its on Abbey st and is open Thur, Fri, Sat only.

Although it does bait etc it does look like its in the early stages of being closed down - very little in there.
Probably why people think its closed down. :)

Alan Varrechia 13-09-2013 16:19

3 Attachment(s)
Here you go less. Not completey sorted yet but getting there, and has actually run under it's own steam! :D:D:D

shillelagh 13-09-2013 17:13

2 Attachment(s)
was in winfields on Wednesday ... and saw these tshirts that some fishermen may like ... especially as Christmas is on its way .... :D:D:D