Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Arndale clock???? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/arndale-clock-6676.html)

steveo 02-12-2004 22:42

Arndale clock????

does anyone know what happend to the clock after it was taken down????

Hank 28-12-2004 18:14

Re: Arndale clock????

Now there's an interesting question, I presume as ratepayers we own it. so therefore it belongs to us. Now I haven't the room for it on my mantelpiece so I'm perfectly ok with you taking it.

WillowTheWhisp 28-12-2004 19:21

As far as we know it is still in the depths of the Arndale centre awaiting repair. At least that was what they told us.

steveo 28-12-2004 19:45

thanks for the replys.....
was just wondering what it was being used for now or some strange clock type collector had bought it....

mez 28-12-2004 20:21

they are actually supposed to be finding a new site for it, after the huw ~& cry that accyweb put up, but nothing since.

WillowTheWhisp 28-12-2004 20:30

Back in the summer months there was a report in the Observer that we AccyWebbers had saved the clock but I think that report was a bit premature.

Click the link in my signature to see a few pages about it with a link to the creator's website.

Wez 06-01-2005 07:48

That clock was proper bo! A pox upon all involved in the removal, curse that damned cosmopolitan coffee shop with their creamy cappucino's and their mouth watering cakes...

WillowTheWhisp 06-01-2005 13:21

Wez - you could try voicing your opinion about the clock to HBC. It might give them a nudge to get on with finding a new site for it, possibly, maybe...............

Wez 06-01-2005 13:35

HBC hey? The enemy has a name now!

I'm on it.

nuff said.

.......erm, Who are HBC again?

Wez 06-01-2005 13:36

oh, hang on, "Hyndburn Borough Council" right?

WillowTheWhisp 06-01-2005 13:52

You got it.

Wez 06-01-2005 14:00

What's wrong with where it was?

I mean, really, why move it in the first place if they're honestly going to re-erect it.

Many's the time that clock entertained me both as a child and an adult, I hate to think that I'll never see it run again.

yerself 06-01-2005 17:32

Sell the useless object for scrap and donate the proceeds to the Tsunami disaster fund

WillowTheWhisp 06-01-2005 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wez
What's wrong with where it was?

I mean, really, why move it in the first place if they're honestly going to re-erect it.

Many's the time that clock entertained me both as a child and an adult, I hate to think that I'll never see it run again.

The original excuse was that it needed mending as it wasn't working properly - but then they chose to put that infernal cafe there instead which I think was the plan all along. What a mockery it makes of the "Arndale Centre is now a smoke free zone" with clouds of it billowing out from the open cafe. How soon before it becomes illegal?

removal-man 06-01-2005 22:57

looking about the arndale is a joke as a shopping centre. its really only a covered entrance to the car park.