Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   Life lessons (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/life-lessons-68592.html)

kestrelx 17-10-2016 16:23

Re: Life lessons

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1179173)
What's the most important life lesson,you’ve learned, and you would like to pass on?

Lead by example,help when you can,life is a gift dont throw it away all are lessons I wish I'd stuck to :D
The most important,and the one I'd like to pass on, is don't waste your time wishing you had what others seem to have...Just be grateful for what you've got...

....What's yours?

Life lesson's - to realize one day your gonna' die! Simple, so make most of it. And be grateful for what you got, I read somewhere in a new age book - be grateful for good you've got and you'll get more - they had to say that to sell the book.

Barrie Yates 17-10-2016 18:14

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1179252)
Simple answer, fell off the back of me truck (not one I was blagging from Mr.Yates! :D) and fortunately/unfortunately landed with all my considerable 98kg directly on my right shoulder, one of those "Ouch" moments in life. :o

Was this the type of truck you fell off? Thought I had better get this in before kick - off.

ferret man 21-12-2016 19:48

My contribution to this subject has to be, When buying a pair of shoes or a bed, always buy the best you can afford as these are what you will spend the most of your life in.

cashman 22-12-2016 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferret man (Post 1183544)
My contribution to this subject has to be, When buying a pair of shoes or a bed, always buy the best you can afford as these are what you will spend the most of your life in.

That is spot on sunshine.:)

landhusweg 30-12-2016 09:43

My Grandfather always said:

„If a job is worth doing, then it is worth doing well“

I’ve always adhered to this and can safely pass it on.

Cheers

Michael1954 30-12-2016 10:34

Helen Mirren was quoted giving life lessons in 2015, but it would be impolite to repeat it here.

boxermum 31-12-2016 03:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1179179)
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. is easily the best i ever learnt.;)

OK cashman,I can't take it anymore.........what does N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Mean? :help:

KiTChener 31-12-2016 04:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by boxermum (Post 1184031)
OK cashman,I can't take it anymore.........what does N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Mean? :help:

Surprised you've not come across this before, Boxermum, I assume you must be a lot younger than me & Cashman!

Never Let The B******s Grind You Down

The 'Latin' version for any scholars out there is:
Non illegitimai carborundum!