Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions and Answers (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/)
-   -   asda car park. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f66/asda-car-park-7755.html)

mez 12-02-2005 11:11

asda car park.

:rolleyes: has any one else heard that asda is going to build a multi story car-park, they are to extend the building as well, just thinking wot fun it will be at xmas, if the past years are owt to go by he he.

Caz 12-02-2005 11:22

Re: asda car park.

Heard about this a few months back.They are supposedly moving the main entrance as well, to Electricity St.

Surely there will eventually be more parking spaces, which will be better. And presumably we'll have more checkouts which will cut down on waiting times.
Time will tell anyway. :)

chav1 12-02-2005 11:32

i feel sorry for those living behind electricity street as a multi story carpark would take light away from the back and front of some of their houses and isnt especialy nice to look at

all asda needs is another exit so that 1 way in and 1 way out as traffic is awqful at weekends

apart from that i cant see why they need a multistory carpark ive never failed to park and shop there over the years

WillowTheWhisp 12-02-2005 12:26

I wonder if they'll be opening up Electricity Street at the top again (or is that Lupin Road?)and making it a bit more attractive? MInd you, I haven't been up there for a while but last time I did it was full of rubbish and graffiti.

I can see why they might feel the need for a multi story car park if they are enlargeing the store as it will cut down on the current car park space and presumably they are hoping to attract more custom. It does get a bit hectic at Christmas and other holiday times if the store is going to be closed for an odd day.

chav1 13-02-2005 00:47

seems odd that they would wantto attract more customers though because they have other stores so close like blackburn and rawtwnstall

where exactly do they think they will get new customers from apart from their own stores elswhere

the likes of asda and tescos destroy local buisnesses with their huge stores and low prices but at the end of the day no one pays more if they can help it so it looks like the local buisness man is buggered

entwisi 13-02-2005 08:42

They never have enough stock on the shelves anyway at Accy Asda. I much prefer B/Burn or Bury ASDA. It may also be someting to do with Tesco opening at teh former LAncs homes and Garden site

big al 13-02-2005 10:57

Tesco at Burnley is prety good. Shows why they put Sainsburys off the top spot nationally!
Can see the point of Asda wanting to claw back but cant see what good a multi storey will do. The Arndale one is a total load of ******** so if they go ahead hope architects dont look at that first. Alternate exit is a good idea-put in their suggestion box! Know they are also building George only clothing stores so may be contemplating extra space for that.http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/i...cons/icon4.gif

mani 14-02-2005 01:42

the tesco in burnley is superb for its style alone - wudnt go burnley otherwise!!!

i think they cud update the asda etc but nothing major apart from a seperate exit...

the clothing thing wudnt b too bad...

Dean 25-02-2005 11:36

i heard bout it aswell

moving the main entrance to a side road is a bad idea and only having one entrance will be even worse

paulthepony 26-02-2005 15:15

i just hope they put in a roundabout at electricity street and link up all the other trafficlights togeather so traffic can flow better, so it does not take 10 mins to go from dill hall lane to the castle pub!

park381 26-02-2005 20:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulthepony
i just hope they put in a roundabout at electricity street and link up all the other trafficlights togeather so traffic can flow better, so it does not take 10 mins to go from dill hall lane to the castle pub!

Don't you think hyndburn rd. is congested enough as it is, and what good would a roundabout be at electricity street, would need to be a mini roundabout, unless they widened the road, lets look at it in perspective
New fire station, lidel&KFC, Matalan, asda, mcdonalds,petrol station and on, not to mention the builder's merchants, and the new door / floor place. It is becoming as bad as blackburn road, that's like driving through an obstacle course, buses stopped in middle of road, cars the same, not to mention the traffic calming measures.It's no wonder Accrington centre is on the decline, people can't get there for traffic holdups, so they go else where

WillowTheWhisp 26-02-2005 22:35

Well there's going to be a busy junction there anyway if the Asda entrance is up that side.

paulthepony 27-02-2005 01:11

it does not matter if its a large, or a mini roundabout(the rules are the same),as for mcdonalds you can not access it from dill hall end so there are other options/routes to use same as builders merchants, as for buses stopped and cars the same, or traffic calming measures, none of witch are on hyndburn road! as for linking up the lights there would be less congeston!!!

park381 27-02-2005 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulthepony
it does not matter if its a large, or a mini roundabout(the rules are the same),as for mcdonalds you can not access it from dill hall end so there are other options/routes to use same as builders merchants, as for buses stopped and cars the same, or traffic calming measures, none of witch are on hyndburn road! as for linking up the lights there would be less congeston!!!

That's funny, the number of cars I've seen turn right at the mcdonalds entrance on hyndburn road, instead of going round the roundabout and entering from the other side, may be a traffic island would stop that.
Sorry hyndburn road is a no go road at certain times of the day, as is dill hall, henry street etc.

paulthepony 27-02-2005 12:01

i agree with that one, a traffic island would, but so will the police if they started to give tickets out to the people that do turn right, as they did when macdonalds first opened.