Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Rhyddings High School?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/rhyddings-high-school-10050.html)

panther 10-03-2008 17:34

re: Rhyddings High School??

Quote:

Originally Posted by howarth (Post 543171)
I was there when Miss Moore was there :p from 1988 till 1992 !! i luved it lol any one remember Mr Szpack History teacher ???

mr szpach?....always had a bloody pot on his leg!!....LOL

howarth 10-03-2008 17:50

yeh lol wot about Mrs Foster pmsl she looked like a member from fraggle rock gamg pmsl

panther 10-03-2008 17:54

mrs foster always looked like she was on drugs!!....lol
always falling asleep....dosy mare

nikkival 10-03-2008 18:24

Didn't she have a nervous breakdown? I also remember a rumour about her and Mr. Kiernan the music teacher :eek:

panther 10-03-2008 18:30

LOL...yeh thats right....the dirty buggers:o

pussycat 10-03-2008 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by panther (Post 542291)
I remember all them teachers too, ya name rings a bell too:rolleyes:

ye i was the one who had a crush on mr grimes for 5years ; and im sister was there to sammy ; i don;t remember meny from there

howarth 10-03-2008 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikkival (Post 543794)
Didn't she have a nervous breakdown? I also remember a rumour about her and Mr. Kiernan the music teacher :eek:

omg the dirty so and so's I liked Mrs Brewerton she was my form tutor in my 1st yr................

Royboy39 12-03-2008 22:46

Went to Rhyddings 1951 to 1955.
Headmaster Mr Gibson and then Mr Lord (Who could'nt hit a barn door if he was sat on the sneck) I'm talking about 'The Cane'
He meant to hit you on the hand but your wrist was sore for day's.
Mr Frankland 'Birdie' bit sweet on the art teacher.
Mr Kerr music teacher. nice man.
Mr Ainsworth. Woodwork. OK
Pop Baron...I reserve judgement.
Does anyone remember the 'Pole' for new entrants?
I am sure there are a lot left who remember.......lets hear it :jimbo:

polly 14-03-2008 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by boblad (Post 439530)
i went to rhyddings left in 1976 i remember mr and mrs merrigold mr fox took us for gardening ,mr coulter pottery, mr barnes science, mrs dutton library ,goodhall history he was a horrible teacher, we had a maths teacher who was disabled canny remember her name

I left in the same year. I disagree about Mr Goodhall, he was so funny!!Mrs M was a dragon that was all heart and Mr M was a wonderful teacher. A also remember Mr Waterhouse - Maths and Mr Smiths English, both tried to tell me so much about studying that I didn't listen to till much later in life.

I remember Mr Gibson - Geography, but that is about it.

In all Rhyddings was a waste of 5 years of my life but it was not all the school or the teachers fault. Heaven knows why I sent my son there. He left about 10 years ago but seemed to enjoy the place a lot more than I did. He taught Mr Spack (spelling?) and Mr Young Ju-Jitsu after school.

I also remember Stuart Westall and staid friends with Tommy Stanger right up until his untimely death, that was a great shame and a waste of a life

I wonder if anyone on this site can guess my maiden name?

ossypete 01-04-2008 11:44

i was there from 85 till 90. who else had a 1985 flick ?? i remember a few from my year, scott hughes, dave graham , anton rogers ,christian morris chris bolton ,jamie hunt . I was in mr walkdens form in year 4 and 5. Funny isnt it how at the time i never envisaged me living with his neice and having a son in 2 weeks !! I remember les the technology teacher , sound bloke taught me in year 4 and 5.Mr winckley died a few years back he committed suicide apparently.

naomi chppll 16-04-2008 11:53

yes i went to rhyddings,does anyone remember crem the weird french teacher??neva used to do anything in his lessons lol,got 2 say miss kitts is the only teacher i eva remember liking,as for mr duffy dnt even get me started i purposly did bad in maths 2 get droped out of his set i hated him with a passion!!feels like just yesterday but im 28 now,where does time go hey???:rolleyes:

Benipete 16-04-2008 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by naomi chppll (Post 563174)
yes i went to rhyddings,does anyone remember crem the weird french teacher??neva used to do anything in his lessons lol,got 2 say miss kitts is the only teacher i eva remember liking,as for mr duffy dnt even get me started i purposly did bad in maths 2 get droped out of his set i hated him with a passion!!feels like just yesterday but im 28 now,where does time go hey???:rolleyes:

Who's English class did you drop out of:dancedog:

naomi chppll 16-04-2008 12:17

think i finished in 95 ish who do you remember???i mite even know u??

Lilly 16-04-2008 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benipete (Post 563178)
Who's English class did you drop out of:dancedog:

Possibly the same one that you dropped out of. :D

You asked for that one. :tongueout

Benipete 16-04-2008 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 563345)
Possibly the same one that you dropped out of. :D

You asked for that one. :tongueout

Lost on this thread:D