Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Family of Kathleen E Atkinson / M Heap (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/family-of-kathleen-e-atkinson-m-heap-61793.html)

Eafield 28-06-2012 13:12

Family of Kathleen E Atkinson / M Heap

A very pleasant gentleman has recently written to me about a property on Bradford Street that we rent and in reference to a book he has found in his mothers belongings, unfortunately the trail has run cold at this address.

His letter and request are self explanatory below, its strikes me as a lovely thing he is trying to do and if anyone can help I’m sure he will be exceptionally grateful.

CAN YOU HELP?

I am trying to trace the family of Kathleen E Atkinson who studied at Sheffield Teacher Training College in 1926 with my mother Alice Unwin (nee Kenyon), and Freda Marshal.
Amongst my mother's belongings I have found a book which rightly belongs to Kathleen Atkinson which she compiled whilst on teacher training (it is a beautiful handwritten book, and there is also a fine needlework sampler)

The only contact I have found is the name M Heap, 45 Bradford St., Accrington which is written inside the cover of the book.

I am hoping that someone in the area may recognise either of the names and get in touch.
My email address is foxdown @talktalk.net

Thank you very much.

John Unwin

Balbus 28-06-2012 14:09

Re: Family of Kathleen E Atkinson / M Heap

Mary Heap was the headmistress of Peel Park Infant School in the late 1940s. She is no longer alive unfortunately. She never married, and I am not aware of any relatives.

Bob Dobson 28-06-2012 16:46

I cannot find Alice Heap in my 1951 directory.

Retlaw 28-06-2012 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1000171)
I cannot find Alice Heap in my 1951 directory.

Thats strange seeing as they are refering to a Mary Heap.

Bob Dobson 28-06-2012 20:11

I'm holding my hand up. Mary it is. She's not in the book either

Retlaw's sentence should read: That's strange, seeing as they are referring to a Mary Heap.

Retlaw 28-06-2012 22:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 1000226)
I'm holding my hand up. Mary it is. She's not in the book either

Retlaw's sentence should read: That's strange, seeing as they are referring to a Mary Heap.

We've had all this before about them dammed twiddly bits, if that knows wree they shud be then do it, ears sum muer """":::;;;;''''!!!~~~~ Tha ony showin off cuz tha went tut grammur skoo.

katex 03-07-2012 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balbus (Post 1000145)
Mary Heap was the headmistress of Peel Park Infant School in the late 1940s. She is no longer alive unfortunately. She never married, and I am not aware of any relatives.

Ah yes, 'Miss Heap' ... lovely, kind lady. I never knew her christian name though. Thanks for the memory, Balbus.