Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lost Friends / Family (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/)
-   -   Woodnook Secondary (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f67/woodnook-secondary-64041.html)

Bob Dobson 18-04-2015 19:26

Re: Woodnook Secondary

Do you have any sons, Mrs Brown ?

clogherlass 19-04-2015 12:18

1 Attachment(s)
hi
found this old pic of hubbys - duncan brown from woodnook hes the 2nd from the left on back row think thats tony mills on the end. sorry its on its side havent managed to rotate it yet.anyone know anyone else

clogherlass 19-04-2015 12:19

ha ha, yes as a matter of fact 2 of them

kenn 27-04-2015 21:58

Great picture. Wish there were more like this!:)

I was in a year before these lads. I recognize Mills back left. The lad with the ball is Kirkam (older brother John in a year before me) and the lad second from right on the front row is Hill. I remember these lads because they also played on the team in my year

landhusweg 03-05-2015 10:48

I was at the school between 1954 and 1958. Looking at some of the remarks, made me think at who was who when I was there!
-Frank Garnet was the head (an awful person very brutal, once caned all the boys of our class because one of us whistled when a certain girl came into the classroom).
-Mr. Allen replaced Garnet during my last year. We helped Mr. Allan decorate his new house at Harwood bar.
-Mr Gale came (I think) as replacement for Milton Suthers, this during my 3rd year.
-Our woodwork teacher was Mr. Rydings.

Cheers

Philip Kenyon
Late Belfield Rd.

Margaret Pilkington 03-05-2015 11:43

I started at the school in September of 1958 and left in 1962......both Mr Gale and Mr Suthers were still there when I left.
I remember Mr Allen...the pupils nicknamed him Holy Joe...but cannot tell you the reason for this.
I was perpetually scared of Mr Suthers...but I didn't mind Mr Allen.

robot1002 10-06-2015 00:27

Makes good reading all this stuff about Woodnook...No, I did not remember your times in and around Woodnook, since I was born in 1939, so my school years started in 1943 and in Leyland...But however, at the age of about 10 / 11 in 1950, a school holiday trip to Plympton (Plymouth) involved meeting a school trip from, you guessed it Woodnook...Accrington.... Pity I do not remember any names from this delightful time...Take Care .......Tony

Margaret Pilkington 19-07-2016 08:19

I am looking to trace Clive Smith.
Clive went to Woodnook School between the years of 1958-1962.
From my memory(which is getting a bit fuzzy for that era) he was a sporty boy.
When he left school I did not have contact with him at all....but I heard that he went into the Royal Marines.
If you know of him, or can supply any information at all.....I would be very grateful.
This information would help someone who is not in the best of health and would like to get in touch with Clive.

This request is also posted in the 'lost friends and family section'.....thanks to the mod who moved it.....much appreciated.

Katybow 12-08-2016 11:30

Hi Barry, I was there too during those years, but I can not remember an awful lot. My name was Kathleen Nuttall I had very red hair. I would love it if any one could promt my memory of those times.