Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f68/)
-   -   Wanted: Sky HD Box (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f68/wanted-sky-hd-box-55840.html)

AddyB 27-11-2010 13:33

Wanted: Sky HD Box

I am looking to buy a Sky HD box if anyone has one or know where I could get one from (Apart from the obvious Sky lol)

Looking for a good price :)

jaysay 27-11-2010 14:12

Re: Wanted: Sky HD Box

Quote:

Originally Posted by AddyB (Post 864969)
I am looking to buy a Sky HD box if anyone has one or know where I could get one from (Apart from the obvious Sky lol)

Looking for a good price :)

Buy one ya get up for nout wi Sky

Neil 27-11-2010 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 864971)
Buy one ya get up for nout wi Sky

I have no idea what that means but I will guess he is trying to say that even if you have a HD box you still have to pay Sky to view HD programmes. Can you not talk a HD box out of Sky for nothing or reduced price.

I got a Virgin HD box for £25 instead of the usual £50 and they dont charge for viewing HC channels like Sky do

Gremlin 27-11-2010 19:21

I bought a HD hard drive recorder recently, I don't know why it's very seldom I watch TV, and although I bought a HD televison at the same time I don't think they there is much difference to ordinary TV, certainly not worth paying extra for.
I get bombarded with leaflets form SKY offering ne free HD box etc if I join but I don't know if existing customers get them for nowt.

jaysay 28-11-2010 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 865021)
I bought a HD hard drive recorder recently, I don't know why it's very seldom I watch TV, and although I bought a HD television at the same time I don't think they there is much difference to ordinary TV, certainly not worth paying extra for.
I get bombarded with leaflets form SKY offering me free HD box etc if I join but I don't know if existing customers get them for nowt.

There's a hell of a difference to me Gremlin I first noticed it when I got one 4 years ago, my daughter put footy on on a Saturday lunch and I asked if it was on the HD channel it wasn't so she switched over the difference was very very noticeable

pipinfort 28-11-2010 10:11

BBC,Channel 4, 5 and ITV 1 and a few others are free to view on Sky via a HD box anything else is an extra £10 a month (on top of your subscription) as regards the quality of HD, it does vary channel to channel and programme to programme for example The X Factor,I`m a Celeb and Strictly really are amazing in HD but others do vary in quality , it also depends on how good your TV is, i only recently joined the HD revoloution and other than the programmes i have mentioned and also Blu Ray dvd`s the jury is still out in our house...........

jaysay 28-11-2010 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 865125)
BBC,Channel 4, 5 and ITV 1 and a few others are free to view on Sky via a HD box anything else is an extra £10 a month (on top of your subscription) as regards the quality of HD, it does vary channel to channel and programme to programme for example The X Factor,I`m a Celeb and Strictly really are amazing in HD but others do vary in quality , it also depends on how good your TV is, i only recently joined the HD revoloution and other than the programmes i have mentioned and also Blu Ray dvd`s the jury is still out in our house...........

I've had mine for nearly 4 years pipin got mine for an xmas present from my daughter, it started going wrong earlier is month and Sky replaced the box and the dish receiver, the new box is much better than the original, HD programs are highlighted on the menu bars and the Hard drive is about 200 hours recording facility