Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Buy, Sell n Swap & Wanted (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f68/)
-   -   Free: paving, scrap bikes, railing and gate (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f68/free-paving-scrap-bikes-railing-and-gate-66293.html)

neilhaj 06-07-2014 10:34

Free: paving, scrap bikes, railing and gate

2 Attachment(s)
Hi

I'm clearing out my yard and have the below available to anyone who would like to come and collect them from Dill Hall Lane area.

Paving - I think these were two different shades, raj green and raj brown and were used as a path leading to my house, they need a good power wash and will need the concrete removing from the bottom of them, rough measurements below.

29cm x 29cm qty 3
29cm x 60cm qty 4
22cm x 60cm qty 1
60cm x 60cm qty 11
90cm x 60cm qty 2

Bikes - both bikes are broken but could possibly be fixed or used for parts or scrap

Railing - railing, gate and gate post. railing rusting, gate missing nuts and bolts so probably better just listing as scrap.

pm me if interested or need anymore information.

cheers

Neil

davebtelford 06-07-2014 18:31

Re: Free: paving, scrap bikes, railing and gate

What happened to the rag & bone man ? We have a guy who comes round a couple of times a week & picks up such items as may be left at the kerb. No donkey stones though :(

DtheP47 07-07-2014 14:39

Scrap metal usually gets "err" recycled by the tinker community.
Anything left on the street or back dissappears PDQ in my part of Clayton.

Hey and fair play they do sometimes knock and ask, not always but sometimes.

westendlass 07-07-2014 17:36

True, a lot of people just shove it out front (or back) and it's magically beamed up to scrap heaven within the hour. Just don't leave anything else of value near it cos that'll go there too! :D

neilhaj 07-07-2014 18:02

Update:

Paving gone

Bikes reserved

Railing and gate still available, I'd put it out back but don't want to upset anyone

Cheers for the replies, PM's

Neil

DtheP47 07-07-2014 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by neilhaj (Post 1110000)
Update:

Railing and gate still available, I'd put it out back but don't want to upset anyone

Cheers for the replies, PM's

Neil

Drove over Whinny Hill this afternoon, cottage on left opposite travellers site has a sign asking for scrap metal, didn't get number but reckon he will collect.

gpick24 07-07-2014 21:12

If you still have them Friday, I`ll get rid of them for you, will need to pick up Friday afternoon.

gpick24 11-07-2014 09:51

Sent you a few PMs Neil, but had no reply, have you received them?

Gremlin 11-07-2014 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1110019)
Drove over Whinny Hill this afternoon, cottage on left opposite travellers site has a sign asking for scrap metal, didn't get number but reckon he will collect.

I had an old iron bird feeding stand and an arch for climbing plants to get rid of.
I bent them to get them in the back of my car and called at the place down Whinney hill, he is a pleasant chap and took the scrap from me.
I told him I didn't want owt for it so I don't know if he would have paid.
He breeds dogs and showed me his little jack Russells and some other beautiful tiny dogs who were very happy to play around with me.
I don't think he is typical of the toe rags who look over garden walls for anything not tied down.
He told me if I had anymore scrap anytime to just drive into the yard and whiz it in the pile on the left.

Gremlin 11-07-2014 22:18

Nielhaj,
If you want me to drop what's left for you at the place I dropped mine of I will willingly do so.
I usually go past Dill Hall and Whinney hill three times a week.
6.15PM Saturday next time going back to Read.
Reasonable sized car with drop down seats so can get a lot in.
Pm if you want.