Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Robin Hood? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/robin-hood-11319.html)

Billcat 20-05-2005 16:06

Robin Hood?

Well, looks like we have yet another thief among us. Me! A thief with a difference, however. When I discover a hungry pet, I steal some ackers from a recent thief (in other words, if you haven't stolen ackers, you have nothing to worry about). I then match that amount with an equal amount of my own ackers and donate it to the petz' owner.

"My object all sublime,
I shall achieve in time,
To let the punishment.......";)

Billcat 20-05-2005 16:09

Re: Robin Hood?

I just turned over a new leaf. A Tealeaf, I thnk it was!

vorlon24 20-05-2005 16:11

You need to be careful, billcat - you lose Karma for doing that

Margaret Pilkington 20-05-2005 16:16

I wouldn't want to encourage felonious behaviour.......but I like a man with a soft heart where petz are concerned.........and YES I know they aren't real!

Billcat 20-05-2005 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon24
You need to be careful, billcat - you lose Karma for doing that

Looks like the petz-lovers among us have already helped with that particular problem. :cool: Thanks!

I also felt, quite apart from exacting a little bit of vigilante justice ;) , that my actions would generate some amusement among AccyWeb members. After all, that's mostly what this board is about.

I even got an e-mail from the victim - in my opinion, he found my actions humorous.

vorlon24 20-05-2005 16:31

I can imagine he did - he strikes me as that type of person

Billcat 20-05-2005 16:44

Turns out the my actions may have helped two petz, as the person receiving the donation helps to support her daughter's pet as well.

The Karma reactions are interesting. I would assume that the real life Robin Hood gained considerable karma for his actons. So far, AccyWeb carries on the great British tradition of rewarding those who work (or steal from the right folks) to help the less fortunate!

lindsay ormerod 20-05-2005 18:17

Good effort Billcat;just leave the tights at home and strictly no Bryan Adams!;)

Billcat 20-05-2005 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Good effort Billcat;just leave the tights at home and strictly no Bryan Adams!;)

The last time I had to wear anything approching tights, it was while playing Mr. Bumble in "Oliver!" I'd prefer not to repeat the tights and kneepants experience - they're not called "tights" without reason!:D

"Bryan Adams?" Not if I have to put up with Kevin Costner playing Ribbon Hood. Give me Cary Elwes or Errol Flynn any day!

Billcat 20-05-2005 18:34

Net results on Karma, including three users who added and one who did not care for my charitable behavior (even though I matched the ackers I stole with an equal number from my own coffers before donating to a worthy cause): Net +9!

vorlon24 20-05-2005 19:09

Not all bad then!!!

Billcat 25-05-2005 14:12

A special thanks to the folks who responded by increasing my Karma. Thanks Marg Pilkington and Lindsay Ormerod - and to the three of you who chose to remain anonymous!

Margaret Pilkington 25-05-2005 15:34

You are very welcome Billcat.........!

lazeeboy 25-05-2005 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billcat
I just turned over a new leaf. A Tealeaf, I thnk it was!

Be careful Billcat, Adam turned over a new leaf and look what happened to him.